[vim] Buffer name resolution and simplification (#444)

memeplex

Oct 10, 2015, 12:38:05 PM10/10/15
to vim/vim

I have suggested some workarounds at the bottom of this thread:

Carlos Pita

Oct 10, 2015, 12:42:46 PM10/10/15
to vim_dev, v...@noreply.github.com, reply+00b1d198d7437687346a66b53a4cf28c3bb2213...@reply.github.com, vim-dev...@256bit.org
(Sorry, I accidentaly submit the issue in github and it was half sent here. The complete text follows.).

I have suggested some workarounds at the bottom of this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_use/Vq0z2DJH2So

but, nevertheless, I think the behavior is bizarre and specially confusing when using the quickfix list.

Why not always make the buffer name relative to the current working directory?

memeplex

Jan 4, 2016, 1:20:19 PM1/4/16
to vim/vim, vim-dev ML

I'm closing this one. I provided a better description of the issue in #549.

memeplex

Jan 4, 2016, 1:28:46 PM1/4/16
to vim/vim, vim-dev ML

Closed #444.