[patch] :qcuit can take exit code

thinca

Oct 12, 2014, 1:31:11 AM10/12/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi, list

:qcuit can quit Vim with exit code 1. But the exit code cannot change.
I wrote a patch in which :cquit takes [code] argument.
Please check.

https://gist.github.com/thinca/5cfc8390d691b8fc5639

Thanks.

--
thinca <thi...@gmail.com>

thinca

Oct 12, 2014, 1:39:46 AM10/12/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I was mistaken in the title and the text of mail.

s/:qcuit/:cquit/
--
thinca <thi...@gmail.com>

Bram Moolenaar

Oct 12, 2014, 11:15:21 AM10/12/14
to thinca, vim...@googlegroups.com

Thinca wrote:

> :qcuit can quit Vim with exit code 1. But the exit code cannot change.
> I wrote a patch in which :cquit takes [code] argument.
> Please check.
>
> https://gist.github.com/thinca/5cfc8390d691b8fc5639

Thanks, I'll add it in the todo list.

262. Your computer has it's own phone line - but your daughter doesn't.

joshleeb

Sep 29, 2017, 12:05:27 AM9/29/17
to vim_dev
What's the latest status of this patch?

I was working on a PR for Neovim (github.com/neovim/neovim/pull/7336) to implement a similar patch which adds the same functionality to the `cquit` command.

Is there still work that needs to be done before this patch can be merged in?

Thanks :)

Christian Brabandt

Sep 29, 2017, 12:53:50 PM9/29/17
to vim_dev
A test would be nice. Also I don't understand the comment about the Manx
compiler. I am not sure it still applies nowadays

Christian
--
Man soll nicht in Kirchen gehn, wenn man reine Luft atmen will.
-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche