E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40

frantisek holop

Aug 7, 2016, 4:44:44 PM8/7/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
i succesfully compiled vim 7.4.2181 on openbsd
but i am getting these "Cannot allocate color"
errors after startup:

$ gvim -u NONE -U NONE
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40

E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40

there has been some recent work on guicolors,
any ideas where these are coming from?

i use the darkburn colorscheme, and when i start gvim using my .vimrc
i get additional errors.

should these colors be in runtime/rgb.txt or are they defined in X11?

$ gvim
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
Error detected while processing /home/f/.vim/vimrc:
line 74:
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
Error detected while processing /home/f/.vim/colors/darkburn.vim:
line 67:
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
line 68:
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
Error detected while processing /usr/local/share/vim/vim74/syntax/syncolor.vim:
line 36:
E254: Cannot allocate color Orange
E254: Cannot allocate color Orange

--
apple (c) copyright 1767, sir isaac newton.

frantisek holop

Aug 7, 2016, 4:59:46 PM8/7/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
frantisek holop, 07 Aug 2016 22:44:
> E254: Cannot allocate color Grey40
> E254: Cannot allocate color Orange

btw these colors are not in runtime/rgb.txt ...
should they be?

-f
--
will global warming cancel nuclear winter?

frantisek holop

Aug 7, 2016, 8:19:54 PM8/7/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
please disregard my message,
i cannot reproduce it anymore.

-f
--
the borg are coming! quick! try and look useless!

Bram Moolenaar

Aug 8, 2016, 2:44:01 PM8/8/16
to frantisek holop, vim...@googlegroups.com
You probably haven't installed rgb.txt.

I do notice that we use Grey40 in the highlight init table but don't
have it builtin. Grey90 is there, we should also add Grey40.

--
At some point in the project somebody will start whining about the need to
determine the project "requirements". This involves interviewing people who

Tony Mechelynck

Aug 8, 2016, 3:34:57 PM8/8/16
to vim_dev, frantisek holop
IIUC, Grey40 is #666666 in hex or rgb(102, 102, 102) in decimal.

Best regards,
Tony.