Vim 8.x "Diff with Vim" right click not working

Sebastian YEPES

Oct 19, 2016, 8:46:11 PM10/19/16
to vim_dev
Hello,

I have noticed that after upgrading from 7.x to 8.x the "Diff with Vim" right click is no longer working.

Has anyone else also experienced this?
If I run: gvim -d file1 file2 it works as expected.

Has the GVimExt been updated to use the embedded diff?

Note: I am used bins from: https://www.mx.tuxproject.de/projects/vim/

Regards and thanks in advance for any info,
Sebastian

KF Leong

Oct 21, 2016, 2:02:13 AM10/21/16
to vim_dev
On Thursday, 20 October 2016 08:46:11 UTC+8, Sebastian YEPES wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that after upgrading from 7.x to 8.x the "Diff with Vim" right click is no longer working.
>
> Has anyone else also experienced this?
> If I run: gvim -d file1 file2 it works as expected.
>
> Has the GVimExt been updated to use the embedded diff?
>
> Note: I am used bins from: https://www.mx.tuxproject.de/projects/vim/

Please check the following registry entry:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{51EEE242-AD87-11d3-9C1E-0090278BBD99}\InProcServer32

Change the gVim program path to vim80 instead of vim74.

HTH.
KF

Sebastian YEPES

Oct 21, 2016, 7:23:16 AM10/21/16
to vim_dev
Thanks for the reply, I have checked the value but it's allready on vim80

C:\Program Files\vim80\gvimext\gvimext.dll (See attachment)

Do you know how I could debug this issue?

Regards,
Sebastian

Regkey.jpg

Jürgen Krämer

Oct 21, 2016, 7:53:44 AM10/21/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Sebastian YEPES schrieb am 21.10.2016 um 13:23:
> On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 8:02:13 AM UTC+2, KF Leong wrote:
>> On Thursday, 20 October 2016 08:46:11 UTC+8, Sebastian YEPES wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have noticed that after upgrading from 7.x to 8.x the "Diff with Vim" right click is no longer working.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else also experienced this?
>>> If I run: gvim -d file1 file2 it works as expected.
>>>
>>> Has the GVimExt been updated to use the embedded diff?
>>>
>>> Note: I am used bins from: https://www.mx.tuxproject.de/projects/vim/
>>>
>> Please check the following registry entry:
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{51EEE242-AD87-11d3-9C1E-0090278BBD99}\InProcServer32
>>
>> Change the gVim program path to vim80 instead of vim74.
>
> Thanks for the reply, I have checked the value but it's allready on vim80
>
> C:\Program Files\vim80\gvimext\gvimext.dll (See attachment)
>
> Do you know how I could debug this issue?

is your gvim.exe located in "C:\Program Files\vim80" or in "C:\Program
Files\vim\vim80"? In the latter case the path in the registry should
probably be

C:\Program Files\vim\vim80\gvimext\gvimext.dll

(note the additional "\vim")?

Regards,
Jürgen

Sebastian YEPES

Oct 22, 2016, 11:48:40 AM10/22/16
to vim_dev
My vim is in 'C:\Program Files\vim80' (See attachment)
So my reg path matches "C:\Program Files\vim80\gvimext\gvimext.dll"

I am running Windows 10 would this be a possible problem? is this functionality working for you?

Thanks in advance,
Seb
Vim.jpg