Fold closes when pasting

David Larson

May 11, 2017, 5:36:43 PM5/11/17
to vim_dev
When pasting a line at the beginning of an open fold, the fold closes. To reproduce:

% vim -N --noplugin -u NONE -U NONE -c "set sw=2 fdm=indent"

Then type:
One
Two
Three

(there are two spaces in front of “Two” and “Three”). Then within vim:

:2normal YP

The fold is now closed and the pasted line is hidden in the fold.

I can reproduce this with vim 8.0 patch 402

David Larson

May 17, 2017, 6:42:19 PM5/17/17
to vim_dev
Bump.

Ben Fritz

May 18, 2017, 12:28:27 PM5/18/17
to vim_dev
Confirmed in 64-bit 8.0.586 on Windows 7.

It happens whenever a new indented line is pasted below the unindented line.

David Larson

May 25, 2017, 3:41:48 PM5/25/17
to vim_dev
Bump

David Larson

May 31, 2017, 1:37:27 PM5/31/17
to vim_dev
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 9:28:27 AM UTC-7, Ben Fritz wrote:
Can anyone else reproduce this?

Gary Johnson

May 31, 2017, 1:49:47 PM5/31/17
to vim_dev
I reproduced it with 8.0.586 on Linux (RHEL 7.2).

Regards,
Gary

Christian Brabandt

May 31, 2017, 1:57:17 PM5/31/17
to vim_dev

On Mi, 31 Mai 2017, David Larson wrote:

> Can anyone else reproduce this?

It was already being reproduced by someone else. However unless someone
spends some time to actually fix this bug and provides a proper patch
including a test, it won't be fixed soon.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time these days, so cannot provide much
more help.

Best,
Christian
--