Mesh Potato Availability...

Randy Zagar

Apr 27, 2018, 3:57:54 PM4/27/18
to Village Telco Development Community
Sorry if this is OT, but the Village Telco store is out of stock on ALL mesh potato hardware.

Is this temporary, or permanent?  I've seen no announcmenets that Village Telco is ceasing operations.

What's going on?

Steve Song

Apr 27, 2018, 4:23:28 PM4/27/18
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Randy,

Not off topic at all.   Village Telco will still be around as a community to support the SECN firmware that Terry Gillett has developed but I have taken the difficult decision not to place any additional manufacturing orders.  The reason for this is that while the sales of the Mesh Potato in its various versions has been ok i.e. we have sold a few thousand units, there was never enough sales to make Village Telco a going concern.  Hardware manufacturing is a continuous process where you must be thinking about the next generation as soon as you have completed the current generation.  I simply didn't have the resources to continue in a manner that ensured we stay up-to-date.

I am checking with Village Telco's manufacturing partner (Dragino) which makes the same devices but under their brand and firmware to confirm that there is another way for you to purchase the devices if you would like to.

Back to you shortly.... Steve Song

Steve Song

Apr 28, 2018, 10:50:11 AM4/28/18
to Village Telco Dev
Hi again Randy,

You can purchase the same devices under the Dragino brand at

MP2 Phone equivalent

MP2 Basic equivalent

The devices would need to be flashed with the SECN firmware but that is pretty straight-forward.

Cheers... Steve