SECN Firmware for AE750 Device

T Gillett

May 14, 2018, 8:03:19 AM5/14/18
to village-telco-dev
Hi All

For those interested in small dual band routers, we have recently posted test SECN firmware for the GL-iNet AR750 dual band device. (https://www.gl-inet.com/ar750/)

The device is based on the QCA9531 SoC (https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca9531) and QCA9887 (https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca9887).
It can support various combinations of AP and Mesh connections across the 2G and 5G bands, and so it may be suitable for simple mesh networks eg where it is desirable to run the mesh network on a separate band to the APs eg as a backbone network.

The 5G (1T1R, 20dBm) radio has a uFL antenna connector on the board, so it is possible connect an external antenna.
The 2G (2T2R, 23dBm) radio has two antennas built in to the main PCB.

The default SECN firmware configuration runs an Access Point on 2.4GHz and a Mesh on 5GHz, bridged on the "lan" network as for other SECN devices.

The Mesh WAN mode configuration is also available, so you can set up for example a 5GHz mesh backbone network for nodes that provide local individual AP networks on 2.4GHz for wifi client access.

If you are interested in using this device, please test and report any issues.

Regards
Terry

Joe Bunefa

May 14, 2018, 8:36:15 AM5/14/18
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

Thank you so much for this and please advice if SECN Firmware for VT Rachel is ready. We would like to try this for our VT Rachel.

Thanks and appreciate that.

Cheers,

Joe Bunefa
(Chief Technical Officer)
jbu...@isilinkit.com

IsiLinkIT Limited
P.O. Box 3593, BOROKO, NCD
Papua New Guinea
Ph: +675 76876175 / 71573839 / 78080858

Whats App: +675 71573839 / 76876175
Skype ID:  bunefaj
Authorised Agent & Partner for NComputing Inc/ TrueCafe /Alliance in Motion
Global
www.pngbilums.com
www.facebook.com/isilinkit