TP-Link Access Point TL-WA7210N

Leonard Payne

Mar 1, 2017, 8:11:05 AM3/1/17
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi Guys

I've been rummaging around in some boxes in the attic and came across a couple
of outdoor access points. One of them is a TL-WA7210 2.4GHZ still in its box - never used.

Could I use this in a mesh?? I know I could use it as a repeater and I could repeat my nearest mesh node but would that only repeat the AP side of things or might it repeat the whole mesh?

I've also got a Ubiquiti Outdoor access point. I'll back on that.

best
Leonard

Steve Song

Mar 1, 2017, 8:37:24 AM3/1/17
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Leonard,

The OpenWrt forums suggest that there is support for this

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=48438   A user claims to have successfully installed Chaos Calmer on it with this firmware

although it is not listed in the OpenWrt table of supported hardware and it does appear that you lose any support for the dual polarised antenna.

The Atheros chipset should support adhoc mode.  4MB flash may be a limitation.

Cheers... Steve