VT-Rachel firmware upgrade

sa...@geekho.asia

Apr 22, 2017, 12:00:35 PM4/22/17
to Village Telco Development Community
I want to upgrade my vt-rachel firmware but i found firmware from 2012, could you send me firmware?

Steve Song

Apr 22, 2017, 12:02:27 PM4/22/17
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Savet,

You can download the most recent VT-Rachel firmware at http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/stable/mp-02/SECN_4/GA01.2/VT-RACHEL/

Cheers... Steve

On 22 April 2017 at 02:21, <sa...@geekho.asia> wrote:
I want to upgrade my vt-rachel firmware but i found firmware from 2012, could you send me firmware?

T Gillett

Apr 24, 2017, 11:41:01 PM4/24/17
to village-telco-dev
Hi Savet

There are two parts to the 'software' for VT-RACHEL - first is the firmware that operates the device, and second is the content of the digital library.

As Steve has mentioned, you can get the latest firmware from the VT Downloads page.

In regard to updating the content, you can download updates for individual modules, and new modules, from the RACHEL project website as follows:

using rsync here:

      http://dev.worldpossible.org/cgi/rachelmods.pl

or using ftp here:

      ftp://ftp.worldpossible.org/zipped-modules/

You can get the static Khan Academy modules from Jonathan Field's site here:

     http://jonathanfield.com/web/kaos/

You may also be interested in the SPELL digital library which can be accessed here:

     http://solarspell.org/content-website

If you add new modules you will need to edit the "/www/rachel/index.html" file in the VT-RACHEL firmware to include navigation links to new modules.

More information on this is available on the VT Wiki page here:

     http://wiki.villagetelco.org/RACHEL_on_MP2

regards
Terry

Joe Bunefa

May 23, 2017, 6:19:05 AM5/23/17
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi Steve,

What is the default password for Public -VT-Rachel when i use SECN-4-TP-RACHEL.

Thanks and will hear from you.

Cheers
joe
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.

T Gillett

May 23, 2017, 6:31:28 AM5/23/17
to village-telco-dev
The default password for Public -VT-Rachel  Ap is "password2"

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/village-telco-dev/6c0f3633-e9ff-4b02-b61e-63c483811b47%40googlegroups.com.