Microstrip Monopole Antenna Design

Venugopal Kapre

Mar 26, 2015, 7:46:30 AM3/26/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys,

I want to build a very compact transceiver at 2.4GHz. I want antenna to be very compact. I was thinking of using monopole antenna. So can anybody give the guideline to design microstrip monopole antenna ?

Marcu Knoesen

Mar 27, 2015, 8:36:57 AM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Venugopal,

I have not used this information myself but you can take a look here: http://colinkarpfinger.com/blog/2010/the-dropouts-guide-to-antenna-design/

Marcu

Steve Song

Mar 27, 2015, 12:17:35 PM3/27/15
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Marcu,

Thanks for sharing this.  I love the line "RF engineers seem to hate chip antennas- they work 'for almost no apparent reason'"  That more or less mirrors our experience with the chip antenna on the MP2.  It works far better that I would have imagined, that is to say, it has about the same performance as the external version.

Cheers... Steve

T Gillett

Mar 27, 2015, 2:40:36 PM3/27/15
to village-telco-dev

The MP2 uses a 2dB chip antenna on the PCB. Would that approach work for you?

On 26/03/2015 9:46 PM, "Venugopal Kapre" <kapre.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Guys,

I want to build a very compact transceiver at 2.4GHz. I want antenna to be very compact. I was thinking of using monopole antenna. So can anybody give the guideline to design microstrip monopole antenna ?

Venugopal Kapre

Apr 30, 2015, 8:29:57 AM4/30/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys,
Thank you for your help. I have gone through the antennas provided by Texas & Nordic for their chips. I am thinking of "Meander line antenna". It is very much compact than monopole.Can you help with that ?