Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Song, Stephen

ungelesen,
01.11.2012, 15:49:1401.11.12
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As work starts to grow around the Mesh Potato 2.0, it seems to make sense to establish a separate space to allow for focused discussions and to capture the process in a single place.  So, if you are interested in participating in or even just observing the design, development, and production process of the Mesh Potato 2.0, please join us at

or you can send an email to

Cheers... Steve

Meftah Tayeb

ungelesen,
01.11.2012, 15:05:1301.11.12
an village-...@googlegroups.com
hey steve
i dont think it's realy important to establish a ceparate community
a VT is a growing up community, it's better to focus in one group
your though ?
> --

> signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

http://www.eset.com

VT Scroll Keeper

ungelesen,
01.11.2012, 17:26:2201.11.12
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Added List info to the MP02 wiki page.

Op 01-11-12 20:49, Song, Stephen schreef:

Song, Stephen

ungelesen,
01.11.2012, 17:49:2601.11.12
an village-...@googlegroups.com
You may be right.  In this case I chose to do it because there are some people that I hope to engage in the Open Hardware production of the MP2.0 who are specifically interested in the hardware itself.  We'll see.  If it fizzles, it won't be hard to revert here.

Cheers... Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Song, Stephen" <stephe...@gmail.com>

Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:49 PM
Subject: [vt-dev] MP 2.0 Hardware sub-Community

Hi all,

As work starts to grow around the Mesh Potato 2.0, it seems to make sense
to establish a separate space to allow for focused discussions and to
capture the process in a single place.  So, if you are interested in
participating in or even just observing the design, development, and
production process of the Mesh Potato 2.0, please join us at

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/village-telco-mp20

or you can send an email to

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

http://www.eset.com

VT Scroll Keeper

ungelesen,
01.11.2012, 18:00:1601.11.12
an village-...@googlegroups.com
And we also avoid confusion for V1 users looking for support.

Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:49 PM

Hi all,

As work starts to grow around the Mesh Potato 2.0, it seems to make sense
to establish a separate space to allow for focused discussions and to
capture the process in a single place.  So, if you are interested in
participating in or even just observing the design, development, and
production process of the Mesh Potato 2.0, please join us at

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/village-telco-mp20

or you can send an email to

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

http://www.eset.com

Song, Stephen

ungelesen,
08.03.2013, 05:49:0208.03.13
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brendan,

Here's where we stand with the MP2.0. We plan to have three versions
of the MP2.0 according to the following specs:

MP2 - Plain
==========
This is a straightforward AR9331-based access point. It differs from
the TP-Link WR703n in some significant ways. It will have:

- 16MB flash and 64MB DRAM memory
- 2 ethernet ports
- 1 USB port
- multiple accessible GPIOs
- standard power supply 7.5-12VDC

The MP2 Plain will be an indoor unit in a standard housing with antenna.

MP2 - Phone
===========
The MP2 will be an MP2 Plain with an FXS daughterboard. The FXS
subsystem is a full-featured FXS device based on the Silicon Labs
Si3217x chip.

I can't confirm this absolutely but we hope that you will be able to
retrofit an MP2 Plain with an FXS daughterboard. More on this soon.

MP2 - AWD
===============
This is a full outdoor unit which will be designed for rugged use and
will have a PoE/TL adaptor which will carry Voice/Data/Power via a
single CAT5 cable to the MP2 AWD.

The MP2 - Plain is being tested now and a limited number of beta units
will be available for order very shortly. The design for the FXS
sub-system which will enable the MP2 - Phone is complete and Elektra
is busy working on the integration of the subsystem with the the base
system. We hope that will be available within 2-3 months.

Stand by for more information on the IO connectors.

Cheers... Steve

On 8 March 2013 05:19, Brendan Simon <brenda...@etrix.com.au> wrote:
> I wanted to reply to the forum group below but the google groups page didn't
> give me any reply buttons. How can I reply to the forum topic and join in
> the conversation ??
>
> I want to know how the MP 2.0 is coming along.
>
> What is the status ??
>
> Is it shipping ??
>
> Can I order one yet ??
>
> When will it become mainstream (on the website and shop etc) ??
>
> Are there schematics or documentation on the IO connectors, etc ??
>
> Thanks, Brendan.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/village-telco-dev/-/HDXlmiPxyLMJ.

elektra

ungelesen,
08.03.2013, 07:13:1608.03.13
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

a status update from my side.

We have hardware prototypes of MP2.0 plain running Openwrt and prototypes of the FXS add-on board. We are currently working on driver support for the FXS-port add-on boards.

We have a platform specific SPI master driver via GPIOs in Openwrt now, so there is a independent second SPI bus to talk to the Silabs SLIC chip in the FXS module. (Or whatever other SPI controlled module might come the way in the future ;)

Cheers,
Elektra

Louis-Paul Bourdon

ungelesen,
25.09.2013, 20:04:5825.09.13
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Do you have MP2 + FXS ready to ship ?

thanks,

Louis

Song, Stephen

ungelesen,
25.09.2013, 21:12:1225.09.13
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

We're close but not quite there.  Where we've been struggling is with the kernel drivers that access the FXS subsystem via the SLIC interface on the AR9331.  It is remarkably poorly documented and figuring it out has been a challenge.  I am happy to say that we had a breakthrough with this today actually and work should proceed fairly quickly now.   With any luck we will have MP2.0 Phone units to ship by the end of November.

Cheers... Steve

Steve Song

muebau

ungelesen,
29.09.2013, 07:27:4129.09.13
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
if I see it right the AR9331 does not provide support for VAP (multi SSID).

I would like to use the MP2.0 as it is as a mesh device which provides a wifi AP on every node. So every node would need to do mesh and a wifi AP (for the actual users) on the same radio interface.

Do you see a way of doing this?

muebau

Song, Stephen

ungelesen,
29.09.2013, 08:00:4129.09.13
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Muebau,

The AR9331 does indeed support this and a VAP is enabled by default in the MP2.0 firmware.

Cheers.... steve

T Gillett

ungelesen,
29.09.2013, 15:52:3129.09.13
an village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Meubau

The SECN firmware on MP02 and other devices provides simultaneous AP and adhoc mesh interface as standard.

So every node can provide an AP as you require.

Regards
Terry

Valent Turkovic

ungelesen,
23.06.2014, 06:37:2023.06.14
On Thursday, 26 September 2013 03:12:12 UTC+2, Steve Song wrote:
Hi Louis,

We're close but not quite there.  Where we've been struggling is with the kernel drivers that access the FXS subsystem via the SLIC interface on the AR9331.  It is remarkably poorly documented and figuring it out has been a challenge.  I am happy to say that we had a breakthrough with this today actually and work should proceed fairly quickly now.   With any luck we will have MP2.0 Phone units to ship by the end of November.

Cheers... Steve

Hi, I'm also really interested in getting SLIC interface from AR9331 working. How has been your progress since last post?

I have looked mailing list archive, on OpenWrt forums and on wiki for information how to get support for SLIC (FXO/FXS) PCM telecom interface that AR9331 has but from what I have seen it is still not supported in current OpenWrt.

I have found this wiki page that has some info about SLIC, but I can't find who the author is:

Having telephone support via AR9331 would make a really big difference
for all of us who work on community mesh networks like:
and many others...

Cheers,
Valent from otvorenamreza.org

Steve Song

ungelesen,
23.06.2014, 13:30:2323.06.14
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Valent,

I am happy to say that we are finally there.  We have just started production of the FXS modules that will integrate with the MP2.  It has taken *far* longer than I would have imagined.  Mostly of the delays can be put down to the difficulty of getting adequate the right technical support from Atheros and SiLabs.   Just finding someone at Atheros who could help explain the operation of the SLIC interface on the AR9331 took months.

We now have working kernel and DAHDI drivers.  The initial FXS modules are going to the core developers for testing and then they should be widely available.

In terms of releasing code, we just have to work out with Atheros and SiLabs what can be released and what is covered by their NDA or copyright.  We will release everything that is not covered by either of these cases.  If you are in a hurry, I can connect you directly with the kernel module developer.

The MP2.0 and independent FXS module for the AR9331 should be on sale to the public within a couple of weeks.

Cheers... Steve

Cheers,
Valent from otvorenamreza.org

Steve Song

Valent Turkovic

ungelesen,
24.06.2014, 05:30:0924.06.14
an village-...@googlegroups.com, st...@villagetelco.org
Awesome news Steve! I'll be glad to do first beta testing as soon as anything gets released. Thanks for your effort and perseverance!
Will there be any restrictions on releasing fully functional open source drivers?

Steve Song

ungelesen,
24.06.2014, 05:40:3124.06.14
On 24 June 2014 06:30, Valent Turkovic <valent....@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome news Steve! I'll be glad to do first beta testing as soon as anything gets released. Thanks for your effort and perseverance!
Will there be any restrictions on releasing fully functional open source drivers?

Some of the code we have used belongs to Silicon Labs.  We didn't have the resources to write an Open Source driver from scratch.  I'll report back shortly with more details on what we can and can't share.  In order to gain *full* access to the code, it is possible you might have to sign an NDA with Silicon Labs.

Cheers... Steve

Mike Valk

ungelesen,
25.06.2014, 03:49:0225.06.14

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:40:31 AM UTC+2, Steve Song wrote:
On 24 June 2014 06:30, Valent Turkovic <valent....@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome news Steve! I'll be glad to do first beta testing as soon as anything gets released. Thanks for your effort and perseverance!
Will there be any restrictions on releasing fully functional open source drivers?

Some of the code we have used belongs to Silicon Labs.  We didn't have the resources to write an Open Source driver from scratch.  I'll report back shortly with more details on what we can and can't share.  In order to gain *full* access to the code, it is possible you might have to sign an NDA with Silicon Labs.

That's too bad. The MP2.0 Phone is looking like an excellent open source replacement for the ever popular, but aging and closed, Linksys SPA3012 / SIPURA. There is no alternative, for a reasonable price. And the web interface is really bad.

I'm using it with Asterisk and chan_dongle to connect to both the main-line and cell-network. Using the cell as outgoing line to reduce costs.

Let's hope someone with the time and wit will tackle that hurdle.

Good job anyway!

Dirk van der Walt

ungelesen,
26.06.2014, 04:18:0026.06.14
an village-...@googlegroups.com, st...@villagetelco.org
This is very good news indeed and I'll definitely order a few as soon as they come available :-)!

On the closed source components; will it perhaps be possible to include them as a pre-complied binaries?
This way it may then be possible not to go through all the trouble of signing a NDA with Silicon Labs of you want to build your own firmware.
(I think that's how some of the WiFi drivers wotked in the past)

Cheers

Steve Song

ungelesen,
26.06.2014, 10:43:3326.06.14
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dirk,

On 26 June 2014 05:17, Dirk van der Walt <dirkvan...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is very good news indeed and I'll definitely order a few as soon as they come available :-)!

On the closed source components; will it perhaps be possible to include them as a pre-complied binaries?
This way it may then be possible not to go through all the trouble of signing a NDA with Silicon Labs of you want to build your own firmware.
(I think that's how some of the WiFi drivers wotked in the past)

Yes, absolutely.

Cheers... Steve

Cheers

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 11:40:31 UTC+2, Steve Song wrote:
On 24 June 2014 06:30, Valent Turkovic <valent....@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome news Steve! I'll be glad to do first beta testing as soon as anything gets released. Thanks for your effort and perseverance!
Will there be any restrictions on releasing fully functional open source drivers?

Some of the code we have used belongs to Silicon Labs.  We didn't have the resources to write an Open Source driver from scratch.  I'll report back shortly with more details on what we can and can't share.  In order to gain *full* access to the code, it is possible you might have to sign an NDA with Silicon Labs.

Cheers... Steve

khaipi

ungelesen,
26.06.2014, 18:51:5426.06.14
an village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Thanks for updating us about the new MP02. Can't wait to have the new MP02 and to sent to my pilot project in Myanmar.

Best regards,
Thomas

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor