No batman nodes in range

vusumzi ndzengu

Nov 7, 2016, 2:16:28 PM11/7/16
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi All

The network was just working fine and received some complaints from my users that they can not connect to the nodes close to them. Then i checked the nodes using linssid software and they appear to be online. However when I checked the SECN web interface under status tab there are not batman nodes in range.

Regards
Vusi

Steve Song

Nov 7, 2016, 3:45:45 PM11/7/16
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Vusi,

Did this happen out of the blue or after a network upgrade / installation?   Are the nodes that were working previously, still in exactly the same location?  Have any nodes been upgraded recently?  Have you confirmed that they are all on the same WiFi channel?  Is there possible congestion from other 2.4GHz sources?  Not just WiFi but microwaves, cordless phones that operate in 2.4GHz, etc?

Cheers... Steve

vusumzi ndzengu

Nov 8, 2016, 3:00:06 AM11/8/16
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi All

  • yes it happens out of the blue before i slept yesterday i rebooted the vsat and the servers and they were up again but now this morning i checked  i got the same problem batman nodes not in range.
  • they are installed at different houses and yes they are still in the same location.
  • I upgraded them late september to SECN-3-UBNT-GA02.3.
  • all of them are in the same channe 6.
  • No microwaves or cordless phones operating on 2.4 GHz.

Steve Song

Nov 8, 2016, 2:42:23 PM11/8/16
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Vusi,

I hate to sound like Roy from The IT Crowd but have you tried shutting them all down and starting them up one by one?  Any other clues that might give some indication of what has happened?

-Steve

T Gillett

Nov 8, 2016, 2:56:47 PM11/8/16
to village-telco-dev

Please take and post screenshots of the Status page from several node in the operating and failed states.