What is the Correct Branch?

fly...@camaa.org

Dec 29, 2014, 10:51:59 PM12/29/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Happy Holidays,

when I cat openwrt_version I get 12.09.1, but on the openwrt site I see
12.09/ 09-Jul-2014 08:05
12.09-beta/ 14-Oct-2012 21:01
12.09-beta2/ 05-Nov-2012 11:28
12.09-rc1/ 27-Nov-2012 22:53
12.09-rc2/ 09-Jul-2014 08:05

What is the Correct Branch?

Also when I try to load a module in asterisk I get
MP2-20*CLI> module load app-setcallerid.so
Unable to load module app-setcallerid.so
Command 'module load app-setcallerid.so' failed.
[Dec 18 02:51:49] WARNING[10114]: loader.c:777 inspect_module: Module 'app-setcallerid.so' was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[Dec 18 02:51:49] WARNING[10114]: loader.c:778 inspect_module: Module 'app-setcallerid.so' will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[Dec 18 02:51:49] WARNING[10114]: loader.c:861 load_resource: Module 'app-setcallerid.so' could not be loaded.

MP2-20*CLI> core show version
Asterisk 1.8.10.1 built by keith @ vbox-ubuntu10 on a i686 running Linux on 2014-08-11 22:22:26 UTC

I would like to use this module and some others, is the Asterisk 1.8.10.1 built by keith special in some way?

Thanks,
Nathan C.

Song, Stephen

Dec 30, 2014, 7:59:11 AM12/30/14
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Nathan,

The build environment for the MP2 Phone can be set up by following the following instructions:

# sudo apt-get install build-essential git subversion libncurses5-dev
# cd ~

Get the latest secn_2.1 branch of vt-firmware.

# mkdir Git
# cd Git
# cd vt-firmware
# git checkout secn-2.1
# cd Setup-scripts
# ./Setup-AA-r42647-FXS.sh <new-vt-build-directory>
# cp ../Build-scripts/Build-MP02-FXS.sh <new-vt-build-directory>
# cd <new-vt-build-directory>

Edit Build-MP02-FXS.sh to ensure that line 4 points to your Git directory

# ./Build-MP02-FXS.sh

Please keep in mind that this firmware is under active development and not for production environments.

Regards... Steve

fly...@camaa.org

Jan 5, 2015, 7:24:38 PM1/5/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steve thanks,

The script works great!

Got another question, How would i just recompile asterisk only and add it back in the squashfs.

Thanks hope you some good Holidays!

T Gillett

Jan 5, 2015, 7:36:56 PM1/5/15
to village-telco-dev
Nathan

- Save a copy of the .config file in the build directory.

- Run 'make menuconfig'.

- Find the Asterisk entry (Networks/Telephony) and change it from '*' (include) to 'M' (module), exit saving the .config file.
 (Pressing <Y> includes, <N> excludes, <M> modularizes features.)

- Run 'make'.  This will build an image without Asterisk.

- Look in .../bin/ar71xx/packages and you will find the .ipk files for Asterisk.

- Copy the file(s) to the /tmp directory on the router using scp.

- Install with 'opkg install /tmp/<filename.ipk>'

Regards
Terry

fly...@camaa.org

Jan 5, 2015, 10:16:36 PM1/5/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Terry,

That is kinda what I am needing to do, I want to compile asterisk by its self i have made some coding changes and it fails to compile. what i need to to is make the mp2-02 with out the asterisk and make asterisk by itself and install it as a package until i get working the way i want. How cane i compile asterisk separately?

big thanks,
Nathan
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Village Telco Development Community" group.

T Gillett

Jan 6, 2015, 1:48:03 AM1/6/15
to village-telco-dev

Building single Packages

When developing or packaging software for OpenWrt, it is convenient to be able to build only the package in question (e.g. with package cups):

make package/cups/compile V=s

For a rebuild:

make package/cups/{clean,compile,install} V=s
It doesn't matter what feed the package is located in, this same syntax works for any installed package.

For Asterisk, you just have to locate where the package is in your particular build environment.

For the AA SECN build environment, it is in   ./feeds/packages/net  so:
    make ./feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.8.x

For the BB SECN build environment it is in   ./feeds/telephony/net   so:
    make ./feeds/telephony/net/asterisk-1.8.x

Regards
Terry