Numbering Range for MP2

Sylvester Chibamo

Dec 18, 2015, 3:45:51 AM12/18/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi

I have configured MP2 with smartphone option, its allowing 300-399 numbers only.. Is is possible to use a different numbering range that I will be getting from my Telecommunications Regulator?

How do I go about.

Please advice,

Regards,

Sylvester

T Gillett

Dec 18, 2015, 3:50:27 AM12/18/15
to village-telco-dev
Probably not going to be a simple change.

What sort of numbering range do you expect to be assigned?

Sylvester Chibamo

Dec 18, 2015, 3:54:12 AM12/18/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi

I am expecting  (+267) 79XXX  XXX.

(+267) is the country code, then (79XXX  XXX) is a 8 digit number.

Regards,

Sylvester

T Gillett

Dec 18, 2015, 3:58:43 AM12/18/15
to village-telco-dev

Do you want users on the system to dial the 8 digit number?

Sylvester Chibamo

Dec 18, 2015, 4:09:24 AM12/18/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi

Yes they should dial the number, and also users using mobile operators should also be able to call this number including the country code…

This number should also be able to call MP2 phone, either by full IP or the last octet.

T Gillett

Dec 18, 2015, 5:06:10 AM12/18/15
to village-telco-dev

Hmmm

I think you will have some Asterisk programming to do to  set that up.

What you are planning is well beyond the scope of what Asterisk is programmed to do in the SECN system.

Sylvester Chibamo

Dec 18, 2015, 5:18:54 AM12/18/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi

Will you assist with programming  Asterisk to do that?

Wayne Abroue

Dec 18, 2015, 6:12:52 AM12/18/15
to village-telco-dev, lets...@hexloctech.com, sylveste...@gmail.com
Hi Sylvester

Yes, This type of setup would only really be feasible, if you employ a separate machine running Asterisk.
The idea is that the provider will assign you a trunk of multiple public numbers, which you will terminate into the Asterisk machine.
Then All your MP's would terminate at the Asterisk machine, much like a PABX.
However, the Asterisk, would then alias, the numbers to ring direct to the specific MP etc. All internal dialling can also use these same numbers as you allocate the number to the MP itself, and aliasing takes care of the IP address..
This was done in the original Villagetelco server setup.

Wayne A

Song, Stephen

Dec 18, 2015, 8:34:48 AM12/18/15
to Village Telco Dev, Letsapa Mojapholo, sylveste...@gmail.com
Hi Sylvester,

I assume you will also want some kind of billing system.  Currently there are two Open Source options, that I am aware of, under active development.

Asterisk + A2Billing

or

Freeswtich + ASTPP

Neither are trivial to configure and it might be worth paying a consultant from either project to assist in the initial setup of the billing system.

Cheers... Steve