TDMA protocol on mac80211

Venkat Ch

Oct 26, 2010, 12:50:50 PM10/26/10
to village-...@googlegroups.com

I have been working a TDMA  (polling) protocol on mac80211 (which is used by ath5k, ath9k and others).  This protocol is mainly suitable for outdoor WiFi. I used openwrt (backfire). The basic protocol is ready for testing. I have done basic connectivity testing (ping) and it is working fine. It is tested on ubiquiti router station pro  boards with SR2 client cards. I did  not test it rigorously because of lack of resources like antennas and more number of boards. So I want to upload the binaries into web and see if anyone can partner with me in testing.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks & Regards
Venkata Rao Chimata

--
Peace is its own reward

Josselin Magloire YOUMBI

Oct 27, 2010, 3:00:40 AM10/27/10
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Venkata,
Am very interested in this TDMA solution, since we are looking for low cost telecommunication solution to connect Africa and particular Cameroon.
Regards
Josselin M YOUMBI

2010/10/26 Venkat Ch <venk...@gmail.com>

Josselin M. YOUMBI
Ingénieur Télécoms -  Formateur  - Praticien PNL
Représentant Officiel  TIC AFrica au Cameroun
Coordonnateur  Wireless Academy for Development
Groupe YOCANET  - Cybervillage @Frica
PO Box. 10 207 Douala-Cameroun
Tel: +237 33 08 5272
Cell +237 75 22 1980 / 99 65 3287
w...@ticafrica.net  www.wad.ticafrica.net

Avec le Wifi, la voix sur IP et  l'énergie solaire, nous allons réduire la fracture numérique en Afrique !
Plus question d'attendre....
"Afrique et TIC, ça clique !"

Rudolf Meijering

Oct 29, 2010, 4:45:58 PM10/29/10
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Venkata,

This seems like a very interesting project. Is your proposed protocol based on your masters thesis? How does it differ from JaldiMAC? I'd be happy to do some testing, I don't have an extensive amount of hardware either, but I could do some basic comparisons. Is the source available anywhere?

Regards,
Rudolf Meijering
Rudolf Meijering

Annamol Alex

Sep 9, 2013, 2:47:32 AM9/9/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am interested in your work .. i would like to implement the TDMA scheme in WiFi MAC layer ..  i am using openWrt (attitude adjustment)... i would like to know more about the H/W which can  be used for the testing ... In your work are you changing the frame format ? I would like to know more about your work and it would be of great if you could guide me...

Thanks & Regards

annamol

Nicolás Echániz

Sep 9, 2013, 8:10:49 AM9/9/13
to village-...@googlegroups.com, Annamol Alex
Any idea if this implementation of TDMA will be useful for ad-hoc
networks? I've always seen TDMA related to infrastructure.

We at AlterMundi are also interested in this subject and maybe we could
provide a small testbed.

There might be other interested people in the battlemesh and openwrt
lists. I've seen this matter come up there from time to time.

cheers,
NicoEch�niz

El 09/09/13 03:47, Annamol Alex escribi�:

T Gillett

Sep 9, 2013, 8:42:20 AM9/9/13
to village-telco-dev
Hi Annamol

In VT firmware we are using OpenWrt essentially unmodified and not changing any of the wifi format.

Regarding test hardware, the MP02 and the TP Link devices such as WR842 and WDR3600 / 4300 will provide economical platforms with additional memory (both flash and RAM) that is very helpful for development work.

Regards
Terry

Message has been deleted

Talile Gamtesa

May 14, 2014, 3:58:35 AM5/14/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Venkata,

I am very much interested in TDMA protocol on MAC80211. But I am a beginer, please help!

Kind Regrads!

Talile Gamtesa

Jun 13, 2014, 8:06:37 AM6/13/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

I am very interested in your work, please help.

KInd Regrads!

Talile Gamtesa

Jun 13, 2014, 8:10:12 AM6/13/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

Were you able to implement TDMA in wiwi mac then? Please share

Samuel Nuñez

Sep 3, 2017, 5:36:11 AM9/3/17
to Village Telco Development Community, venk...@gmail.com
I am really interested in TDMA over 802.11. I am a beginner too. How can i do to test the implementation of your protocol.