network reloading

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Aug 31, 2017, 10:55:20 PM8/31/17
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi All

I performed some configuration on the /etc/config/network file and saved the changes but when i ran /etc/init.d/ network restart/reload there are no changes. Instead I lost connections and have to do fall back in order to up the mesh node. I installed secn 4 on the ubuquity devices.

Regards
Vusi

T Gillett

Sep 1, 2017, 12:17:45 AM9/1/17
to village-telco-dev
The SECN GUI firmware will overwrite parts of the network file when the software restarts or a Save operation is performed.

So if you manually edit the file, you may find that some of your changes are lost.

ntsel...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 4:12:23 PM9/1/17
to Village Telco Development Community
 I just edited the  snmpd file manulally under config  system and i ran the /etc/init.d/snmp restart it just restarted without any trouble. but the problem is still exist when i ran /etc/init.d/network restart.

 i just want to change this  option ifname 'eth0 eth1' to  option ifname 'eth0 bat0'.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All

I performed some configuration on the /etc/config/network file and saved the changes but when i ran /etc/init.d/ network restart/reload there are no changes. Instead I lost connections and have to do fall back in order to up the mesh node. I installed secn 4 on the ubuquity devices.

Regards
Vusi

T Gillett

Sep 1, 2017, 6:10:43 PM9/1/17
to village-telco-dev
The SECN software will overwrite changes to the "ifname" parameter in the network config file according to the network mode being used on the device.

If you want to modify the way this operates, have a look at the file /bin/config-secn-wan.sh

The SECN software does not write to the snmp config file, so your changes are not affected.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/village-telco-dev/c1f85445-75c6-4ccb-8132-003b7b013c9d%40googlegroups.com.