Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 03:38:19 -0400
From: valdis.k...@vt.edu
To: na...@nanog.org
Subject: Gonna be a long day for anybody with CPE that does WPA2..

Looks like WPA2 may have just become the new WEP.

And it looks like we're all going to be reflashing a lot of devices.

"The proof-of-concept exploit is called KRACK, short for Key Reinstallation
Attacks. The research has been a closely guarded secret for weeks ahead of a
coordinated disclosure that's scheduled for 8 a.m. Monday, east coast time. An
advisory the US CERT recently distributed to about 100 organizations described
the research this way:

"US-CERT has become aware of several key management vulnerabilities in the
4-way handshake of the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) security protocol. The
impact of exploiting these vulnerabilities includes decryption, packet replay,
TCP connection hijacking, HTTP content injection, and others. Note that as
protocol-level issues, most or all correct implementations of the standard will
be affected. The CERT/CC and the reporting researcher KU Leuven, will be
publicly disclosing these vulnerabilities on 16 October 2017."

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-traffic-open-to-eavesdropping/

回复全部
回复作者
转发