Fwd: Managing mesh network

T Gillett

Jun 5, 2015, 5:52:55 PM6/5/15
to Darío G. Díaz, village-telco-dev
Hi Dario

I can see your PC Management device which is set up with two IP addresses.

However I do not understand what you will do with the IP1 address (10.130.1.x) on this device.

All the mesh nodes have a 10.130.1.x subnet running on the LAN side, but these are private networks and not directly accessible from the WAN side.

To access the SECN management interfaces (web and ssh) you will have to forward the relevant ports to the WAN side as we have discussed previously. Then you can access them on the WAN subnet (192.168.1.x) with the new port numbers (eg 4433, 2222, 8080).

I understand that what you are trying to do is to is to use the PC Management workstation to access the SECN web and command line interfaces for each of the nodes in the mesh.

And that each node is running in router mode, with the mesh interface used on the WAN side.

Is that correct?

If so, then it is just a matter of forwarding the required ports on each node.
The SECN firmware has a built in facility for doing this using SSH and HTTPS secure interfaces, but if you want to use HTTP instead, then you will need to add a firewall rule to forward port 80.

Regards
Terry

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Darío G. Díaz <dario...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Terry

No problem for the late reply.

It's very interesting what you propose and I should test it to be sure.
Also so far the above method seems safer than any of these, even a little more difficult the process of network administration.
With all this I have to do some testings on the network and then you will comment.

I pass an image with the topology of the network and the management computer where the mesh network is located.

Regards.

Dario.

IP_Network_3.jpg

Darío G. Díaz

Jun 6, 2015, 1:46:08 AM6/6/15
to T Gillett, village-telco-dev
Terry

[...]

Is that correct? That's correct

If so, then it is just a matter of forwarding the required ports on each node.
The SECN firmware has a built in facility for doing this using SSH and HTTPS secure interfaces, but if you want to use HTTP instead, then you will need to add a firewall rule to forward port 80.

Ok, I understand what you say perfect and so I think managing the mesh network.
What I intend is to see the IP address (WAN) of each device / router to manage the QoS of the network from the main router.

Also able to enter the settings for each device / router using SSH and HTTPS from the PC so that we have already agreed.

Regards.

Dario.

Darío G. Díaz

Jun 9, 2015, 8:29:06 PM6/9/15
to T Gillett, village-telco-dev
Hi Terry

This working well configurations Device A, B and C. The firmware and I also configured to access https and ssh, and all is well.

I'll try to set a second gateway, to see if you can navigate and access after two different ways and also see how the BATMAN works.

Regards

Darío

T Gillett

Jun 9, 2015, 9:17:58 PM6/9/15
to Darío G. Díaz, village-telco-dev
Hi Dario

Sounds like good progress.

I am interested to hear how you go with the second gateway.

regards
Terry