Bandwidth restriction on MP2

Sylvester Chibamo

Feb 16, 2016, 5:04:11 AM2/16/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com, chinga...@gmail.com

Hi

Please advise,

When setting up the batman-adv gateway bandwidth, does this restrict the bandwidth at which this specific MP will push to the internet or it restrict the users connecting to the MP2? See the network diagram below

Is it possible to enable SNMP on the MP2 so that I get stats using a network monitoring tool to show the utilization.

An example how to configure batman-adv gateway bandwidth:

root@MP-2:/# uci set batman-adv.bat0.gw_mode=server

root@MP-2:/# uci set batman-adv.bat0.gw_bandwidth=384kbit/128kbit

root@MP-2:/# uci commit

root@MP-2:/# /etc/init.d/batman-adv restart

regards,

Sylvester

image001.emz
image002.png
oledata.mso

Wayne Abroue

Feb 16, 2016, 6:04:49 AM2/16/16
to village-telco-dev
The way it's understood, is that batman does not limit BW at all, instead this setting is used in a batman network where multiple internet GW's are used.

The BW setting is sent out to achieve the shortest route to the highest BW, GW .

So the answer is NO.

Sylvester Chibamo

Feb 16, 2016, 6:12:12 AM2/16/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Thanks for the feedback,

On interfaces I cannot enable SNMP and have SNMP strings to allow monitoring tool to get the stats from the interface?

Regards,

Sylvetser

image001.png

T Gillett

Feb 16, 2016, 6:14:19 AM2/16/16
to village-telco-dev
For additional information on the use of batman-adv, have a look at the open-mesh.org website here:

    https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Doc-overview

In particular, there is an article about the use of mesh gateways here:

    https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Gateways

Wayne Abroue

Feb 16, 2016, 6:19:31 AM2/16/16
to village-telco-dev, lets...@hexloctech.com
Install snmp client,,, configure etc.. works fine.

T Gillett

Feb 16, 2016, 6:29:51 AM2/16/16
to village-telco-dev
The SNMP package is included in recent stable firmware builds for the MP02.

    http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/stable/mp-02/SECN_3/GA02/

What version of firmware is installed on the MP02 devices?
You can see this in the top right corner of the SECN screens, or on the splash screen on CLI login.

You can check whether the snmp software is running on the MP02 by looking for it in the output of the 'ps' command:

   #  ps | grep snmp

Sylvester Chibamo

Feb 16, 2016, 6:31:48 AM2/16/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi

I am using SECN 3 on the MP2.

Will down load the SNMP package and install…

Regards,

Sylvester

Feb 16, 2016, 6:40:03 AM2/16/16
to village-telco-dev
Have you checked whether snmp is already installed and running?

You can also check for the package with 'opkg list-installed' command.

Sample command outputs from my test device:

Version:     SECN-3.0-MP02-G2-RC1 MP02FXS

root@MP2-30:/# ps|grep snmp
 1508 root      2380 S    /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid
 2241 root      1356 S    grep snmp

root@MP2-30:/# opkg list-installed | grep snmp
libnetsnmp - 5.4.4-1
snmp-utils - 5.4.4-1
snmpd - 5.4.4-1

root@MP2-30:/#

Steve mentioned a while ago that he had used LibreNMS successfully with snmp on the MP02.

Sylvester Chibamo

Feb 16, 2016, 7:10:23 AM2/16/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi

Looks like its not installed on mine, my current firmaware (Firmware: Version: SECN-3.0-MP02-GA01.1 MP02FXS 14.0)

root@MP2-20:~# ps|grep snmp

2167 root      1356 S    grep snmp

root@MP2-20:~# opkg list-installed | grep snmp

regards,

image001.png

T Gillett

Feb 16, 2016, 7:15:26 AM2/16/16
to village-telco-dev, lets...@hexloctech.com
It would probably be worthwhile upgrading the firmware to SECN 3 GA02

You will need to download the MP02FXS "sysupgrade" bin file and the md5sums file from the VT Downloads page here: