Wildernets - Admin Log In

Adoss

Nov 17, 2014, 2:00:55 PM11/17/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Upgraded the firmware on a MP02 Basic to Wildernets. However, I cannot access admin page due to sign in requirement. I did not have any User and PW set prior to the upgrade, so I leave the fields blank - access denied, still. Is there a default log in to use?

hkwill...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2014, 5:06:36 PM11/17/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The configuration defaults for Wildernets are in a spreadsheet on the support Wiki:

http://wiki.villagetelco.org/WNETS_1.0_Firmware

Cheers,

Keith
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: Adoss <akin...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:00:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [vt-dev] Wildernets - Admin Log In

Upgraded the firmware on a MP02 Basic to Wildernets. However, I cannot access admin page due to sign in requirement. I did not have any User and PW set prior to the upgrade, so I leave the fields blank - access denied, still. Is there a default log in to use?

wayne optus

Nov 17, 2014, 10:13:49 PM11/17/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Yes I had the same problem but used the Root login and password in the spreadsheet and it worked. May be that needs to be in the doco somewhere or described in the spreadsheet. Trap for young players. I must say though that the spreadsheet is great and Wildernets is too. I am having some issue accessing the USB fat32 USB stick though and wonder if there is a sharing / media server or similar on the horizon. Or is it there and I am not seeing it. WEB and Social media are there. I have a TPLINK box that has a web config section for the USB and that is very neat. I simply wish to share storage content (rather than web or social media) with users on the net and am in a MS windows environment with users .

Kind Regards

Wayne Gibbons

-        Aboriginal Community Mentor, Volunteer – Governance, Training, jobs & business consultant. Mungullah Community Aboriginal Corporation (ICN 157) ABN: 14046308176.

-        Endorsed Representative: Cultural Tourism Ambassador. North West Cape Exmouth Aboriginal Corporation (ICN:4268) ABN: 42:098:634:691.

-        Treasurer – Barque Stefano Yinikurtira Foundation ABN: 38352350665.

Empowering Aboriginal people to determine their own futures and reduce disadvantage through Technolgy, Tourism and Enterprise, while respecting country, culture and heritage

PH: 0466871154

Fax: 0390124452

Email; wgib...@optushome.com.au

Keith Williamson

Nov 18, 2014, 10:04:40 AM11/18/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wayne,

I do have eventual plans for a "mode" that would support media sharing via miniDLNA. I've played around with a WNETS config where I run miniDLNA but it seemed a bit unstable at the time. I decided to hold off on supporting a miniDLNA mode and revisit it after I have moved the WNETS firmware to Barrier Breaker.

Cheers,

Keith

wayne optus

Nov 19, 2014, 3:07:14 AM11/19/14