voip auto provisioning and wifi auto provisioning

juniorsa

Nov 10, 2016, 4:12:37 AM11/10/16
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi,

I've been using open-mesh access points and I really like their cloudtrax (cloud) management console. I am able to add an access point referencing the mac address of the unit and then the unit automatically connects to the cloudtrax account and I am able to manage all aspects of wifi - channel, security, ssid, etc.

There are tons of bandwidth management and it's all done from the cloud.

I think this is great and makes deployment easy ship plugin and add the mac to the cloud management then control from the cloud - reboots firmware upgrades etc...

The other thing I would like to suggest is for voip auto-provisioning like cisco or grandstream do... integrate with asterisk or freeswitch. again with mac address and a device profile if the potato could pull the voip config options down it would be great to manage from afar.

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed I haven't been able to find it in the docs - maybe I haven't looked properly so I apologize if I've missed it.

Thanks

Michel Daggelinckx

Nov 10, 2016, 11:20:08 AM11/10/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com

freepbx (for asterisk) and fusionpbx (for freeswitch) have auto-provision for phones.

I guess we only need to create profiles for MP2's and run a script on the MP's to grab the settings.

Michel

Gilbert Rebeiro

Nov 10, 2016, 1:19:57 PM11/10/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com
That's correct.
Is there some provision for the MP2 to go and fetch firmware and configs via tftp or https with authentication or certificates?

That would be cool I would think
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Village Telco Development Community" group.

Dirk van der Walt

Nov 10, 2016, 11:27:45 PM11/10/16
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi,

You might want to look at RADIUSdesk with MESHdesk and APdesk which are totally Open Source and include many features like Cloudtrax and probably recently even features not included by Cloudtrax (like connecting through a 3G/4G dongle, OpenVPN tunneled bridges etc) It also supports MediaTek based devices if you are on a tight budget.

In the past we actually included the MP2 as an option on the selected hardware list which then allowed you to supply the settings like the extension etc. I think though I removed that bit of code recently but the older SVN should still have it included.

Kind regards

Gilbert Rebeiro

Nov 11, 2016, 9:47:23 AM11/11/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dirk,

Thanks very much for the info regarding radiusdesk - it seems very nice.

I'm not sure I understand your comment regarding in the past?
Does this mean that auto provisioning was in and now it has been dropped?

Steve Song

Nov 11, 2016, 9:50:25 AM11/11/16
to Village Telco Dev
This isn't currently but we'd be happy to integrate the work of anyone willing to do this into the default firmware.

Regards... Steve Song

On 10 November 2016 at 14:19, Gilbert Rebeiro <gilbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
That's correct.
Is there some provision for the MP2 to go and fetch firmware and configs via tftp or https with authentication or certificates?

That would be cool I would think

Dirk van der Walt

Nov 11, 2016, 10:44:28 PM11/11/16
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi,

Yes you are right. It was included and working as a prove of concept probably a around two years ago.

I then got busy with other things and sort of lost touch on the latest VT developments.

I think both projects upgraded their firmware to more recent versions of OpenWrt etc.

So yes, it was included and working in the past.

Steve Song

Nov 12, 2016, 2:54:12 PM11/12/16
to Village Telco Dev
A fairly simple way of implementing this would be to use the file /etc/config/secn which contains most of the basic settings for the MP.  If an MP were set to "client mode", it could attempt to pick up via curl, a file of the form mymacaddress.txt from a master device which could then replace /etc/config/secn.  In terms of telling the client MP which MP is the master device, this could either be set at the same time as the MP is set into client mode via an IP address field or something more sophisticated via alfred.  The former would be pretty easy.

Cheers... Steve