Leveraging VT tech to help with current refugee situation in South Texas

Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes

Jul 3, 2014, 4:52:22 PM7/3/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure you're aware of what's going on in South Texas right now.
Well, "the cows are flying:" there's been for a while, and increasing
daily, a large influx of unaccompanied minors and teenage mothers with
their children crossing the border "ilegally," mostly from
crime/violence/gang/corrupt government-ridden Central American
countries (jpg attached). A refugee situation, at the Empire's HQ!
Politicians are all in denial, except for honorable people like Nancy
Pelosi.

 To get to "safety," this legion of kids must cross something called
"The Wild Horse Desert," (jpg attached.) Of course, people need water
to cross that hell, so concerned US citizens and residents in the area
set up water stations along that strip.

So, it dawned on me that perhaps there's an opportunity here to
leverage this wonderful MP and related technology to help in at least
2 ways:

1. Remote sensors for refilling water stations
2. POTS! if at a water stations there's a telephone, and on the other
side of the line an army of 24x7 volunteers always ready to answer and
provide help to these people.

Not sure yet whether this would be feasible (scratch that: of course
it's feasible!), or rather practical (which is relative), but I throw
the idea here to receive some feedback and comments.

BTW, Steve, could you add my "real" email address to the group? alps...@gmail.com
unaccompanied minors-dhs_map.jpg
Wild Horse desert.jpg