I2C and 1-Wire interfaces for MP02

T Gillett

Apr 15, 2017, 5:45:38 PM4/15/17
to village-telco-dev
For those interested in adding sensors (such as temperature, humidity, pressure, voltage, current) and controllers to MP02 and similar devices, there are two new VT Wiki pages describing the use of I2C and 1-Wire serial busses on MP02:

    http://wiki.villagetelco.org/I2C_Bus_for_MP02
    http://wiki.villagetelco.org/1-Wire_Bus_for_MP02

The MP02 provides a connector on the board that allows easy access to the required GPIO and power lines to implement the serial buses.

Some caveats:
The connector is used for the FXS board if fitted, so you can not use the serial busses if the FXS board is fitted. It is also possible to use the USB port to provide a serial bus if required in this situation.

You can run either I2C or 1-Wire busses but not both concurrently as the respective GPIO-custom drivers are not compatible.

You can run multiple I2C or 1-Wire busses.

There is also a page describing the TestHost firmware shows a simple example of data gathering from meshed devices:

    http://wiki.villagetelco.org/TestHost_on_MP02

Feedback welcome.

Regards
Terry