읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Luis Portillo

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 1. 오후 3:37:5815. 8. 1.
받는사람 Village Telco Development Community
Hello everyone after doing all the possible tests you advice me to do and I'm still having the same problems, devices lost alot of the bandwith, I bought the openmesh equipment and done the same tests with the openmesh equipment and their cloudtrax evirorment and I don't get this loss, everything runs well. I'm still beating on mesh potato but i'm start on thinking on replacing everything for the openmesh. Please help me, with this issue. I also have a question what are the milliwatt usage of the mp2, or can you send me a speficication data sheet please.

As I told you before this is a big project, that's why im very very concern abut the future of it.

Thank You

Luis

Steve Song

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 1. 오후 5:39:3215. 8. 1.
받는사람 Village Telco Dev
Hi Luis,

The MP2 has a 17dBm radio and 3dBM antenna making for a 20dB (100mW) device.

Which openmesh devices are you using?  The OM2P?

Cheers... Steve

lmportillo

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 1. 오후 6:37:3515. 8. 1.
받는사람 village-...@googlegroups.com
Yes I'm using the om2p

Luis Portillo
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Village Telco Development Community" group.

Luis Portillo

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 1. 오후 9:33:3515. 8. 1.
받는사람 village-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Its me again can we work together to have a mp2 with 400 milliwatts? Or at least something around 300 milliwatts.

Like I told you before I want to use this device, eventhuogh its giving me a hard time.

Thank you

wayne optus

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 1. 오후 9:55:4615. 8. 1.
받는사람 village-...@googlegroups.com

The way I see it the MP02 wireless is pretty comparable to anything else so you have a few options :

1.       Try a higher gain antenna.

2.       Place the Antenna in a position , perhaps outside (using an antenna extender cable). The old weatherproof mp01’s mounted externally on TV antenna’s worked really well.

3.       Put in additional mesh mp02 (or open router running Village telco code) between the source and destination.

4.       I have always found proper site surveys I complex environments are essential. It might me a problem of channel selection. Use an app that can show the best channels for your situation right were you are deploying the mp. Eg: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

Often default channels selection (eg:6) can cause degredation if there are other devices in the area on the same channels. Sometimes using less cluttered channels can help.

I depends on the environment (wall types, other users in the spectrum, etc) but like for like I have never experienced the MP02 to be any more problematic to any other Wireless router.

Gibbo

Avast logo

T Gillett

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 1. 오후 11:07:0515. 8. 1.
받는사람 village-telco-dev
Hi Luis

As Wayne has pointed out, increasing the Tx power is unlikely to solve your underlying problem.

As Steve has mentioned, the AR9330 chip set in the MS14 device is designed to deliver a maximum or 18dBm Tx Power, which, combined with the internal chip antenna, results in an effective 20dbM or 100mW rated device.

The only way to increase the effective power is to use an antenna with more gain, which means changing the radiation pattern, usually to a directional pattern if you want more than a few dB of improvement.

If you have MS14 devices with the internal antenna configuration, then changing to use an external antenna requires some modifications involving SMD devices on the board, so it should not be taken on lightly unless you have good facilities for PCB work.

It would help if you could tell us some additional information as follows:
- which version of the firmware you have installed,
- what is the physical layout of your three node test network,
- the data from the SECN Status page which shows:
   - the quality of the batman-adv mesh links, and
   - the signal strength (SNR) of the links between nodes.
You will need to capture this information from each of the three nodes.

You should also be aware that the SECN firmware is just a configuration tool for OpenWrt and Batman-adv. It takes no part in the actual operation of the wifi or mesh.
All the configuration information is contained in the standard configuration files, and the operation of the underlying software can be monitored with the usual utilities such as ifconfig, iwconfig, iwinfo, iw, and batctl.

The operation of wifi meshes is a complex subject, and the real expertise for the batman-adv software that SECN uses lies in the BATMAN community (http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/wiki).

It is interesting that you have found that the OpenMesh OM2P devices operate correctly in your test network, given that they are a similar device (200mW rating) using similar software.

OpenMesh provide a range of excellent mesh devices, as well as an overall management management solution for large networks, and good technical support. The OpenMesh solutions, like many others in the industry, are proprietary rather than open source, and this fundamentally changes the way that you approach and use the solutions offered.

If you are attempting to build a large commercial network then a proprietary solution may well be a better approach for you rather than develop the necessary technical expertise needed to support open source software such as OpenWrt and Batman-adv.

The SECN firmware is completely based on open source software and is intended for use in Small Enterprise Community Networks.
There is no large scale network management solution offered.
Technical support for the SECN software and the underlying OpenWrt and Batman-adv software is provided on an essentially voluntary basis from the respective communities.
This is probably not appropriate for a large commercial venture without developing a high level of in-house technical skills and knowledge.

Regards
Terry

Luis Portillo

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 10. 오후 3:34:2915. 8. 10.
받는사람 Village Telco Development Community

After dealing with the equipment (MP2) finally we resolve the problem changing the antenas for a more robust antenna, now the device works great. Now I have another question how can we build a super node?

T Gillett

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 10. 오후 5:19:3215. 8. 10.
받는사람 village-telco-dev
Hi Luis

That is good news.

Would you be able to tell us some details of the new antennas that you have used please?

And perhaps some photos please.

Regarding the super node,  I think the main purpose of a supernode is just to simplify the mesh networking by providing a node that allows as many other nodes as possible to get to the gateway with as few mesh hops as possible.

So you can set up a node with a good antenna, and place it in a location where most of the other nodes have a direct line-of-sight path to it. Give this node access to the upstream network (eg Internet access).

This means that most nodes will then have a single mesh hop to get to this "supernode", and hence to the upstream network.

To function well, the "supernode" device needs to have good WiFi and processing (CPU and RAM) capacity to handle the number of connections and the data throughput.

You can disable the AP function on the "supernode" so that all the device resources are available for handling the mesh connections.

You can use an MP2 for this, or perhaps something more powerful like a Ubiquity NanoStation-M, Rocket-M or Bullet-M device.

The position of a "supernode" generally requires it to be mounted in a high location in a weatherproof enclosure.

For capacity and redundancy, you can provide more than one such node.

Does that help?

Regards
Terry

Luis Portillo

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 10. 오후 7:53:0915. 8. 10.
받는사람 village-...@googlegroups.com

Here are the pictures form the antenna this is a 15 Dbi

And also can I use the firmware from village telco on the rocket if this is true do you have any instructions on doing a flash on the rocket?

Thank you

20150810164836.jpg
20150810164946.jpg

T Gillett

읽지 않음,
2015. 8. 10. 오후 10:07:1815. 8. 10.
받는사람 village-telco-dev
Hi Luis

Thanks for the info and photos.

To install any OpenWrt based firmware onto Ubiquity or other manufacturer's devices, you use the "factory" version of the firmware image. The "sysupgrade" version of the firmware image is used for subsequent upgrades of OpenWrt based firmware.

You can use the Ubiquity AirOS Web GUI to install the new firmware. This is usually the simplest way to do it.

You need to be particularly careful when installing the new firmware as there is a risk of bricking the device if things go wrong.Once the OpenWrt based firmware is installed there is a Failsafe mechanism in place that can help with recovering from a bad flash.

I generally use a standard OpenWrt "factory" image to flash new devices, then reflash to SECN using the "sysupgrade" firmware image.

The stable "Barrier Breaker" "factory" image for a Rocket-M device can be obtained from the OpenWrt Downloads web page here:
        https://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-rocket-m-squashfs-factory.bin

When you have downloaded the file, be sure to check the MD5SUM against the list here before using it to flash a device:
       https://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/md5sums

Once you have the generic OpenWrt firmware running on the device, you can use the LuCI web interface to install a sysupgrade image eg SECN firmware.

When you do this, be make *** sure *** that you un-tick the checkbox that is labelled "Save Settings" (or similar) otherwise the new firmware will try to run with the old OpenWrt settings.

Some general instructions for installing SECN firmware here:
    http://wiki.villagetelco.org/Installing_VT_SECN_Firmware

See  "Flashing via AirOS web gui" section of the OpenWrt Wiki page here:
    http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/nanostationm2

Regards
Terry

전체답장