Can I put Custom Firmare on the Ruckus Zoneflex APs for Mesh networking without ZoneDirector

Quentillian Louw

May 27, 2016, 11:01:09 AM5/27/16
to Village Telco Development Community
I have a few Ruckus ZoneFlex APs and would like flash them with Custom firmware to enable me to setup a mesh network.

The reason for this is because i do not have a zone director.

Thank you in Advance

T Gillett

May 27, 2016, 2:58:30 PM5/27/16
to village-telco-dev

Check whether there is OpenWrt support for your particular devices.

Google "openwrt toh"  and look for Ruckus entries in the table.

Check also that your devices have 8 MB Flash and 32MB RAM

That will give you the basis for an OpenWrt based meshable router using batman-adv.

Also consider whether this is a worthwhile exercise in terms of what the OEM firmware offers.