Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 04:29:15 -0800
From: ndze...@gmail.com
To: village-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [vt-dev] captive portal on wireless mesh network

Michel Daggelinckx

未讀,
2015年1月18日 上午11:29:212015/1/18
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
you could also use meshdesk + radiusdesk by Dirk Van der walt.
It's open source and supports secn mesh protocol.

Michel

Eliot Osorio schreef op 18/01/2015 om 0:19:

Vusumzi Ndzengu

未讀,
2015年1月18日 上午11:41:442015/1/18
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Mike  nanostation m2 are not listed on the supported hardaware. one nanostation m2 is dedicated as a server

Vusumzi Ndzengu

未讀,
2015年1月18日 上午11:44:432015/1/18
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

on the mean time i have tried grase and i am learning it the only problem i am facing the is when i log in it loads for a long time. but any help is welcomed

Vusumzi Ndzengu

未讀,
2015年1月18日 上午11:54:052015/1/18
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
HI

Elliot is it possible to install it to ubuntu server 12.04?

Eliot Osorio

未讀,
2015年1月19日 上午9:13:272015/1/19
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, only on  a virtual machine it is possible,  try to dowload from mikrotik web site
you only need two ethernet cards.

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 08:54:05 -0800
From: ndze...@gmail.com
To: village-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [vt-dev] Re: captive portal on wireless mesh network

Steve Song

未讀,
2015年1月19日 上午9:47:492015/1/19
收件者:Village Telco Dev
Hi all,

For the simplest possible solution, I think Eliot is right.  It is hard to beat Mikrotik's 750GL router board which costs

and has out-of-the-box support for a portal.  I also like PfSense (https://www.pfsense.org/) which offers a captive portal and is more of an open platform that accommodates the integration of other software as plugins.   Both RouterOS and Pfsense run on a variety of platforms.  PFsense is harder to learn than Mikrotik although it has some features that I think RouterOS does not such as the generation of vouchers/coupons for net access.

RadiusDesk/MeshDesk is well worth looking at too. It has a custom firmware that goes with the management console.  It has features the other two do not such as full prepaid billing support and network visualisation.   Not sure whether your devices are supported though. Dirk can say more about this perhaps.

Cheers... Steve

Eliot Osorio

未讀,
2015年1月19日 上午10:46:212015/1/19
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,  you can download  for x86 and try to develop hot spot with radius sever which it is included
trial versión 30 days.

if you use hotspot and radius server, then you will be able  to download limits, time limits, bandwith control  log users,
print tickets,  etc.   after trial versión,  cost  licence 4level its about  $44.00.

best regards

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:47:48 -0400
From: st...@villagetelco.org
To: village-...@googlegroups.com

Wayne Abroue

未讀,
2015年1月19日 中午12:43:172015/1/19
收件者:village-telco-dev

Beware...RouterOS   is registered bound to the harddrive its installed onto.

No virtual machines iirc.. the licence is not expensive but once installed it lives with that drive forever.

My advice if you enjoy Linux is do the meshdesk install. Not sure if you can throttle per user on this though.

As Steve also mentioned pfsense has developed nicely in the past few years and now includes a usable CP and apparently also allows for per user throttle and capping. I haven't tested lately though.

Wayne

Paul Gardner-Stephen

未讀,
2015年1月19日 下午6:26:462015/1/19
收件者:village-...@googlegroups.com
Depending on the sophistication of the portal you require, it is also possible to implement it on the nanostations or picostations.  We have a simple captive portal on the MR3020s we use for Mesh Extenders.  It isn't perfect (it is just a DNS based captive portal, without URL redirection), but it proves the concept, and we intend to refine it over time.  You're welcome to take any part of it if it is helpful.

Paul.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄