DITG on MPAWD

Om Shree

Dec 4, 2017, 12:04:46 AM12/4/17
to Village Telco Development Community
Hello,
I am trying to emulate VoIP traffic on a small indoor MPAWD testbed. I want to emulate VoIP traffic using DITG. Is there a document that explains how to install the software on the MPAWDs.
Thank you in advance.

T Gillett

Dec 4, 2017, 6:33:08 AM12/4/17
to village-telco-dev

Hi Shree

This site contains documentation fot D-ITG software and specifically mentions support for OpenWrt and gives instructions for compiling the software:

     http://www.grid.unina.it/software/ITG/manual/index.html#SECTION00030000000000000000

This site indicates that there is already a package built for DITG in OpenWrt:

    https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/ditg/Makefile

However the ditg package does not seem to be listed in the default release packages eg

    https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05.1/ar71xx/generic/packages/

Regards
Terry

Om Shree

Dec 4, 2017, 10:27:00 AM12/4/17
to village-...@googlegroups.com
This is where I found the file

Om Shree

Dec 4, 2017, 10:54:08 AM12/4/17
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Installed and working.

T Gillett

Dec 4, 2017, 3:16:35 PM12/4/17
to village-telco-dev

What firmware version are you using o the AWD?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Village Telco Development Community" group.

Om Shree

Dec 4, 2017, 4:16:42 PM12/4/17
to village-...@googlegroups.com

T Gillett

Dec 4, 2017, 4:40:57 PM12/4/17
to village-telco-dev
Hmmm...   It looks like the maintainers may not have brought the ditg package across when the clean up of packages happened as part of the 15.05 release.
That probably means it is no longer being maintained for OpenWrt.
It doesn't appear to be in the LEDE packages either.

I am a bit surprised that the package from 14.07 installed and ran on SECN 4 firmware which is based on 15.05.1, given the difference in kernel versions etc.