I'm the worst

Paul Hill

Aug 31, 2016, 2:13:22 PM8/31/16
to vi...@googlegroups.com
I've been terrible at organizing Java Users Group meetings lately.
Which is especially unforgivable now that I actually work with Java most of the time :-)

In my defence I offer this medium post, which is about Java:

https://medium.com/@paulwilliamhill/java-thinking-frameworks-bc600caef9b2#.jzol9zb18

Also, anyone want to host a JUG sometime soon?
Anyone got something they want to present?

:-)
Paul

Ian Bull

Aug 31, 2016, 3:56:55 PM8/31/16
to Paul Hill, vi...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I just found out that Victoria (YYJ) has it's own slack community (http://joinyyjtechslack.herokuapp.com/). I just created a vijug channel, if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian Bull

Sep 1, 2016, 12:26:01 AM9/1/16
to Paul Hill, vi...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on a set of Java bindings for V8, exposing the API for Google's V8 JavaScript engine to Java [1]. The bindings are built with JNI, and also allow for embedding Node.js within the JVM [2].

I'd be happy to chat about how I built this, fun with JNI, the challenges of managing multiple garbage collectors and shared memory with java.nio.ByteBuffers.

Cheers,
Ian

Manfred Moser

Sep 7, 2016, 1:06:53 AM9/7/16
to Ian Bull, Paul Hill, vi...@googlegroups.com
That would great Ian.

Also I am working with Anthony Dahanne to come to Victoria. He would be presenting the same presentation as done at confoo in Vancouver.

Possible dates at this stage are 6th or 7th of December at this stage.

Stay tuned for more info

manfred

Paul Hill

Oct 3, 2016, 1:16:05 PM10/3/16
to vi...@googlegroups.com
We're on like Donkey Kong.

Wednesday! 6pm! Robots!

Justin Chant

Oct 3, 2016, 5:36:28 PM10/3/16
to Paul Hill, vi...@googlegroups.com
You guys should announce this event in YYJTech slack #events