new user, not able to connect outside the pc it's loaded on

bob

Sep 12, 2013, 8:50:22 PM9/12/13
to vibest...@googlegroups.com
I was able to connect to vibe from my internal local addy on the pc it's installed on but not another pc connected to the same router, tried loading my external ip to connect via the web but no go on that either. I ported my router & added exception to the firewall so at a loss on what's wrong here, any ideas?

TimF1x

Oct 25, 2013, 1:44:16 PM10/25/13
to vibest...@googlegroups.com
I assume you are using IP Addresses and not the DNS name of the PC? Make sure you have the right port appended to the address in your web browser. I like to use either FF or Chrome when running it. Have not had any issues using the IP of the server PC with the correct port on the same internal network and connecting with multiple computers throughout my home.

Try also 'pinging' the computer that has Vibe Streamer installed from your other computers and see if you get packets back.