error message "plugin timed out after 10 seconds"

chetna khedekar

Dec 24, 2012, 6:51:45 AM12/24/12
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

I am getting "HP RAID CONTROLER;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds" in nagios.  Anybody having idea, where should I change the plugin timeout value? Or which configuration fine needs to be changed?

Regards,
Chetna K.

Tejas Barot

Dec 24, 2012, 10:16:12 PM12/24/12
to VGLUG
Hello,

Your plugin defined in commands.cfg so you have to change the same in commands.cfg or wherever plugins defined for your host/service.

You can check the same manually from /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/your-plugin

if you have compiled or installed nagios with source then its possible that you directory path is different.

Hope this helps you.
--
Thanks & Regards,
Tejas Barot

"WindowZzz and Micro$oft is Like a Bird which always Flies with its Restriction,
Be a High Flying Linux Bird to Enjoy the Huge Sky with Full of Freedom,
Use Linux and Open Source" - Tejas Barot

Mobile Apps for All Linux User's Blog :-
Android, BlackBerry and iPhone :- http://www.tejasbarot.com/download-mobile-apps/

Like My quote ? To Read and Submit More Linux Quotes :- http://linux-quotes.tejasbarot.com

Registered Linux User :- https://linuxcounter.net/user/507586.html

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: chetna khedekar <chetn...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:21:45 +0530
Subject: [VGLUG] error message "plugin timed out after 10 seconds"
Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before posting.

Shankar Patel

Dec 25, 2012, 12:53:10 AM12/25/12
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Go to your plugins directory.

First check if your plugin works properly or not.
If work properly then try following
if you have configured nagios by nrpe then execute following command
./check_nrpe -H hostname -t 50 -c'command to check CONTROLER' -a [args if any]

or if you configured by check_by_ssh then
./check_by_ssh -H hostname -t 50 -c'Plugin to check CONTROLER' -a [args if any]

if it will give ans then you need to increase time to check controller
that you can increase in command.cfg file.

Thanks & Regards,
Shankar Patel