Does the Chrome Google Docs addin support fretboard diagrams?

Paul Schofield

Aug 23, 2016, 8:25:19 PM8/23/16
to vexflow
When I edit my VexTab inside a Google Doc and use the "fretboard" keyword, I get the following error:

Parse error on line 1:
fretboard
^
Expecting 'EOF', 'OPTIONS', 'TABSTAVE', 'STAVE', 'VOICE', got 'WORD'

I'm sure I am missing something simple!

Thanks,
Paul Schofield

Paul Schofield

Sep 25, 2016, 6:00:16 PM9/25/16
to vexflow
Is this something that is not currently supported (which I completely understand) or is it an issue, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm just trying to decide on a good workflow, perhaps just using My VexFlow or licensing the full VexTab library.

Any advice?  Thanks!

Paul Schofield
Paul's Bass Lessons

Mohit Muthanna Cheppudira

Sep 26, 2016, 9:48:26 AM9/26/16
to vexflow
Hi Paul,

Fretboard diagrams are not part of VexTab, they're part of the Vex Fretboard library.

Mo.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vexflow" group.

Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]

Paul Schofield

Sep 26, 2016, 11:03:54 AM9/26/16
to vexflow
Thanks, Mo!

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vexflow?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vexflow" group.

Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "vexflow" group.

Paul Schofield

Sep 27, 2016, 5:06:21 PM9/27/16
to vexflow
Mohit,

I was just going over some of the articles I had written a year or two ago on My VexFlow and realized that I had created some fretboard diagrams alongside tablature inside what I think is Markdown syntax. I would kill to be able to use that feature in my own site. I understand how it can be done by embedding the My VexFlow article in an iframe, but I was wondering if the magic you're doing on the My VexFlow site to render tab, music staffs and fretboard diagrams from a superset of VexTab might be coming to users of your javascript libraries?

I'm *really* interested in doing fretboard diagrams on my own site, and just wanted to see if it was on the roadmap to be able to do that with the same syntax as used on My VexFlow to generate fretboard diagrams?

Thanks!
Paul
http://paulsbasslessons.com

Mohit Muthanna Cheppudira

Sep 27, 2016, 5:20:49 PM9/27/16
to vexflow
Hi Paul, The library I linked above supports the same syntax as in MyVexflow. Between that and VexTab, you can have all the features in MyVexflow (except Markdown, but there are lots of free Markdown parsers).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vexflow" group.