help rendering beams

Eric Hexter

May 13, 2014, 9:41:37 PM5/13/14
to vex...@googlegroups.com
I am am not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I render beams on 8th notes, I am betting the beam and the flag being rendered.

And the rendering is attached, I am sure I am missing something simple, but I am unable to reproduce a clean beam on voice one.

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks,
Untitled.png

Mohit Muthanna Cheppudira

May 14, 2014, 8:10:47 AM5/14/14
to vex...@googlegroups.com
Create the beams before the formatter. That should fix it.

Alternatively, you can call Beam.generateBeams() to automatically
create the beams. (Also must be called before formatting.)
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "vexflow" group.
> email to vexflow+u...@googlegroups.com.

Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]

Ian

May 20, 2014, 5:05:51 PM5/20/14
to vex...@googlegroups.com, mo...@muthanna.com
Could you give me or point to a full code example?  I can't get it to work.

Cyril

May 20, 2014, 5:44:30 PM5/20/14
to vex...@googlegroups.com, mo...@muthanna.com
I wrote a page in the wiki that might help: https://github.com/0xfe/vexflow/wiki/Automatic-Beaming

Additionally, if you look in /tests/auto_beam_formatting_tests.js you'll find full code examples that use .generateBeams()

Tomáš Hudziec

May 2, 2016, 4:06:10 PM5/2/16
to vexflow, mo...@muthanna.com
Thanks, exactly this helps. I had same problem.