VexTab info

Matteo Pratellesi

Nov 7, 2016, 4:08:40 PM11/7/16
to vexflow
Hi, I'm studying music theory on a book with several samples but I need more example to avoid to memorize them, I need to learn how to read a score (not tablature, I'm pretty good with tablature).
I checked if somebody has made a tool that create random scores with certain parameters (note length, intervals and so on), and didn't find anything, so I started a new project myself, and it is already almost done.
So far I can create random score choosing:
if dotted notes are present;
maximum interval between notes; // it is bugged sometimes, I will fix it soon
group of three notes together;
pause;
note length;
note alteration (#).
The last thing I need to do is to link notes, for example E/4 with 1/4 duration with E/4 with 1/8 duration, maybe even through measures (ex. E/4 1/4 is the last of first measure and it is linked to E/4 1/8 in the next measure).
Looking at the vextab tutorial I only seen linked notes with hammer on, but I'm working with notes name and it seem to refuse the "h" to link them.
Is it possible to achieve that goal?
I will send you the script once complete. It would be nice if you can incorporate it in one of your page to allow students to practice with score reading.
(To be honest adding a metronome to the page with the option of choosing bpm speed would be great!).

Please tell me if there is a way to achieve the notes link as mentioned above.

Thank you,

Matteo

(Sorry if my english is not perfect).