Vextab and Interaction

Crotus B

Jul 4, 2016, 3:42:08 PM7/4/16
to vexflow
Hello, I'm a CS Student working on one of my final projects, a real-time collaborative Music Sheet Editor in your browser, I've set up Vextab to work as the API for rendering music notation.
I'm fairly new to working with web front-end technologies, and I have a few questions regarding working with Vextab to create a user-friendly experience.

1. Are there any prime examples of using buttons to add and remove notes in Vextab?
  • My current idea is large scale string manipulation, looking at what buttons are toggled (Quarter note, stocatto, G-4) and constructing a string and
appending it to the built in editor (whether its a visible panel or not), is this too much of a hack? I imagine deleting becomes very difficult with this.

2. Are there means to allow mouse interaction with the canvas and place in order to place, select, and delete notes in Vextab?

Thank you, if you need clarification or more detailed questions feel free to ask!