vextab-master build

Eric Baplue

Mar 17, 2015, 7:01:07 AM3/17/15
to vex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have downloaded the .zip from https://github.com/0xfe/vextab and try to build but I always receive:

Running "browserify:tabdiv" (browserify) task
>> Error: Cannot find module 'coffeeify' from '~/vextab-master'
Warning: Error running grunt-browserify. Use --force to continue.

I heve reinstalled nodejs/npm with all the dependencies but with no difference

What do I mis/forget here?

Eric Baplue

Mar 17, 2015, 8:43:08 AM3/17/15
to vex...@googlegroups.com
OK, I found the reason.

npm install coffeeify jquery vexflow underscore qunit

I must install the dependencies local (global installation does not work)

But now I have:
Running "browserify:tests" (browserify) task
>> Error: Cannot find module 'qunitjs' from '/home/eric/www/vendor/vextab-master/tests'

Warning: Error running grunt-browserify. Use --force to continue.

while qunitjs IS installed local

Mohit Muthanna Cheppudira

Mar 17, 2015, 10:07:15 AM3/17/15
to vex...@googlegroups.com
Did you try the instructions in the "Developers" section in https://github.com/0xfe/vextab? You need to run:

$ npm install
$ npm link
$ npm link vextab
$ npm start

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vexflow" group.

Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]

Eric Baplue

Mar 17, 2015, 10:34:20 AM3/17/15
to vex...@googlegroups.com, mo...@muthanna.com
I had to do the second step with sudo. But now it does not work neither

[eric@thinkpad vextab-master]$ npm install
[eric@thinkpad vextab-master]$ sudo npm link
[sudo] password for eric:
/lib/node_modules/vextab -> /home/eric/www/vendor/vextab-master
[eric@thinkpad vextab-master]$ npm link vextab
/home/eric/www/vendor/vextab-master/node_modules/vextab -> /usr/lib/node_modules/vextab -> /home/eric/www/vendor/vextab-master
[eric@thinkpad vextab-master]$ npm start
> vex...@2.0.10 start /home/eric/www/vendor/vextab-master
> grunt stage

Running "stage" task

Running "lint" task

Running "coffeelint:files" (coffeelint) task
>> 4 files lint free.

Running "build" task

Running "jison:compile" (jison) task
>> generate build/vextab-jison.js

Running "browserify:tabdiv" (browserify) task

Running "browserify:tests" (browserify) task

Running "test" task

Running "qunit:files" (qunit) task
Testing tests/runtest.html
>> PhantomJS timed out, possibly due to a missing QUnit start() call.
Warning: 1/1 assertions failed (0ms) Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.
npm ERR! weird error 6
npm ERR! not ok code 0

Mohit Muthanna Cheppudira

Mar 17, 2015, 10:38:07 AM3/17/15
to Eric Baplue, vex...@googlegroups.com

Hmm.. Something may have changed in qunitjs. I'm out of town till April -- will take a look when I'm back (unless someone else on this list wants to debug :-)

-- sent frm fone

Eric Baplue

Mar 17, 2015, 10:38:59 AM3/17/15
to vex...@googlegroups.com, mo...@muthanna.com
OK all my mistake.

I run grunt clean and npm start again and now it works.

The only mistake was that I did not do the sudo and had overseen the error that was produced.