Web MusicXML Editor

Tomáš Hudziec

Mar 16, 2017, 1:15:33 PM3/16/17
to vexflow
Hi everyone,

I would like to announce Web MusicXML Editor I have built as a bachelor thesis using VexFlow. It uses SVGContext, it has some interactivity and also playback feature. It supports minimal MusicXML subset.

You can find it at github. I would appreciate any feedback suggestions or even help :)

Thomas H.

Garrett Grimm

Mar 16, 2017, 9:57:32 PM3/16/17
to vex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas,

This looks really cool, well done.  I can't seem to get the play functionality to work though, are there known issues there?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vexflow" group.

Tomáš Hudziec

Mar 17, 2017, 1:16:24 PM3/17/17
to vexflow
Hi Garret,

thank you for feedback. According to playback, which browser you are using? It works for me in Firefox and Chrome, maybe it does not work in IE.

T.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Tomáš Hudziec <tomas....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to announce Web MusicXML Editor I have built as a bachelor thesis using VexFlow. It uses SVGContext, it has some interactivity and also playback feature. It supports minimal MusicXML subset.

You can find it at github. I would appreciate any feedback suggestions or even help :)

Thomas H.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vexflow" group.

Garrett Grimm

Mar 18, 2017, 11:02:59 AM3/18/17
to vex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I'm using Chrome on a Mac.  Maybe I'm using it wrong; I'm just adding a few notes to the staff and clicking the play button.  I'm seeing many of these errors in the console though, could be related?

Error: <svg> attribute viewBox: Expected number, "0 0 NaN NaN".  svgcontext.js:279

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/vexflow?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vexflow" group.

Tomáš Hudziec

Mar 19, 2017, 2:01:25 PM3/19/17
to vexflow
Hi Garret,

Now I see the problem. Play function plays from the selected note. When you are adding notes to the staff, editor creates new measure with whole rest note. The rest note is automatically selected, so when you press play button, it plays only the rest note. So you must click on note or measure, from which you want to play. The svgcontext error has nothing to do with it.

Creating new score is yet limited, so the best way to enjoy playback function is to choose one of three example files or upload your own.

T.H.