Fwd: FW: Swords to Plowshares Employment Event for Veterans

Curtis Carpentier

Sep 19, 2012, 4:15:40 PM9/19/12
to vetera...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Meckler, David" <meck...@smccd.edu>
Date: Sep 19, 2012 12:14 PM
Subject: FW: Swords to Plowshares Employment Event for Veterans
To: "Curtis Carpentier (ccar...@my.smccd.edu)" <ccar...@my.smccd.edu>

Short fuse on sharing this . . .

From: Lynett Dean [mailto:ld...@stp-sf.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:17 PM
To: Meckler, David

Good Afternoon David,

My name is Lynett Dean and I am working with a non profit organization called Swords to Plowshares.  As you may already know, we offer many different services to Veterans, one of which is to help place military Veterans in jobs with companies located in the Bay Area. I am currently supporting the Employment and Training Services department, who at this time is networking with the Hospitality industry to fill open positions.  I am trying to connect with various student Veteran organizations to pass along some details regarding an upcoming event that we have coordinated with a local leading Hotel chain within the Bay Area.  This intimate event, will take place on September 25th from 3 - 4:30 pm and will provide an opportunity for Veterans who are interested in pursuing careers in the Hospitality industry to interact, interview and make contacts with various hiring personnel. I have attached a flyer with detailed information regarding this event that I was hoping could be distributed to the Student Veteran population.  Once Veterans apply to the position of interest, our Job Developers will pre-screen and invite qualified applicants to meet with them in person prior to the event.

I look forward to the opportunity to introduce myself further to the student veteran organization on campus and answer any questions about the event and or about our organization.

Thank you in advance!

--

Lynett Dean

AmeriCorps VISTA Member