iphone camera log database

Sergei Franklin

Dec 15, 2013, 1:12:51 PM12/15/13
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
I just heard about this group. I wrote a filemaker database 2 years ago with a layout for iPhone as most AC's have one. The phone is always with you. Many AC's do not have a iPad and it is too big to always have on you.
I have most of what is in your spec. for distance, height and tilt I only had one value but I could change it to start and end.
If it is interesting to you I can make adjustments to make it compatible with your system.
Sergei Franklin

Sam Richards

Dec 16, 2013, 10:30:54 PM12/16/13
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have had people ask for an iphone layout, but we felt that for the typical case, there wasnt enough real-estate for all the fields (and honestly we still dont have all of them in the current layout), and equally importantly we were really trying to focus on this as a "typical" working prototype, rather than something trying to solve every use case.

As we have mentioned before, our primary goal is the interchange format, so if you are interested in supporting the interchange format, we would be happy to add a link to your database (or website) from the www.camerareports.org front page, since I'm sure there are people out there who are looking for something more compact. Also keep in mind our license is very permissive, so if you wanted to copy layouts or code from our database, that is completely allowed (even to sell the resulting app).

I have put together a cheat-sheet to help with doing the conversion for filemaker databases here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZmPxV6TMdPYdJ2ixfQ9V2TtvRVMxLIpn1JrUAGpDTxI/pub

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know...

Sam.