Ipod touch / iphone layout?

Rob Rhodes

Jan 30, 2014, 2:23:37 PM1/30/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I exclusively use an ipod touch running filemaker go to handle all of my data-sheets. It gives me the ability to be much more mobile than carrying around an iPad, or god-forbid, a laptop! If I need to get a quick measurement, or run out and grab an HDRI, I can just stick the ipod into my pocket and I'm good to go.

Is there any plan for an ipod or iphone layout? I'd like to transition to VES standard before I start my next show, but I don't think I could do it, if I couldn't get a more mobile layout.

Sam Richards

Jan 31, 2014, 12:29:11 AM1/31/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi, we did have an attempt at an itouch layout, but found getting all the fields in that layout too complicated. Does the ipad layout really not work well for that?

I'll see if I can borrow one to experiment.

Sam.

Rob Rhodes

Jan 31, 2014, 10:12:53 AM1/31/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
I find that the best way to set up an itouch layout is to make it vertically oriented. The ipad layout that you guys have is better suited for landscape mode. Here's an image of my current database I'm using. Maybe it can get you guys started in the right direction?

Inline image 1

Rob Rhodes
Crossbones | VFX Data Wrangler
Mobile: 630.935.7945

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ves-tech-camera-reports" group.
Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 11.10.42 AM.png

Sam Richards

Feb 3, 2014, 12:20:53 PM2/3/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Jordan did remind me that I did make an attempt at an iphone layout, if you goto the layout mode, you can actually pick the iphone layout directly. I've left it hidden, since the number of possible fields is so limited.

Take a look and let me know what you think?

Sam.
Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 11.10.42 AM.png

Rob Rhodes

Feb 4, 2014, 9:26:14 AM2/4/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
It actually looks like it's on the right track. After doing some minor testing, it's a little bit buggy.

When you commit a take record, it disappears from the iphone layout. It will show up in the other layouts, but the take number gets lost.

The ability to quickly add a camera is missing.

Also, the "Work Done" (VFX Work) field is missing.

These are just some minor tweaks that could get this Layout up and running.

I do think it could work really well for someone, like me, who uses an iTouch rather than an iPod.

Sam Richards

Mar 13, 2014, 12:14:56 PM3/13/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Could you take a look at the beta branch:

I fixed the iphone layout problems, and also added a browse view.

Sam.