Episode Field for Television work

Bryan Wengroff

Apr 4, 2014, 12:32:39 PM4/4/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
I have been using the database for television work and it is quite handy.  One addition I needed to make was an Episode field.
While the records remain connected properly in all of the normal layouts, I have noticed that in the takes table there appear to be several duplicate takes when one searches by slate.  Basically, the database doesn't differentiate between one episode or another so if there is a slate V1 in episode 101 and a V1 in episode 102, then a SuperSlate of all takes from both episodes appears.
It hasn't negatively impacted my work, but I am wondering if somewhere down the pipeline it will cause a problem.

Sam Richards

Apr 4, 2014, 12:48:05 PM4/4/14
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
I'm not too familiar with Episodic workflows, are you often doing shots from multiple episodes in a single day?

What I'm wondering if whether we should:
  1. Assume each episodes are in a separate FM database (I can see that being a pain).
  2. Rather than the show being a global, make it its own table, and that would in turn make it easier to have each episode be its own show within the same schema.
  3. Add a separate episode to the slate.
My preference would be possibly for (2).

Let me know what you think?

Sam.