Merging daily databases into a rolling master

Derrek Horn

May 1, 2015, 7:28:47 PM5/1/15
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Is there an easy way to merge each days notes into a rolling master? By taking notes on a fresh database daily, and saving a daily backup, and then merging all five days at the end of the week into a weekly rolling master, I can then only have to open up a large document when it's needed to find previous shots. Is there an easy way to do this? I have tried some various ways but it will only input the slate field, leaving all the camera notes out (see attached file for reference). Any help on this? Other than that this has been a very nice change - I have added a few more fields that I feel have made it more complete (some of which were suggested) so it's well done.

I am using and trying to merge in FMP13 by the way.

Thanks,

Derrek
Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 5.25.46 PM.png

Sam Richards

May 5, 2015, 10:41:54 AM5/5/15
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
It should work if you do the CSV export daily, and import the CSV into the master. The major downside is that it wont merge in the photos, although that could be possible to manage too.

Let us know if that works...

Sam.

Derrek Horn

May 5, 2015, 1:04:45 PM5/5/15
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Sam,

Thanks for the response. A friend of mine figured it out - import the slates table via the full layout first - unlinking the unique id only, then import the takes table via the export layout.

That got everything including photos.

Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ves-tech-camera-reports" group.

Derrek Horn

Oct 31, 2018, 12:36:13 AM10/31/18
to ves-tech-camera-reports
Sam, (or anyone out there)

I'm back! for some reason the CSV import won't import a file with the same report ID. I'm hoping to see if there's an easy fix for this, like a copy paste script, so that when I merge into a new "clean" database, or a rolling master with all the previous notes, that the script will automatically give the incoming reports new ID's, and not carry over their original one?

Thank you,

Derrek

Alistair Jamieson

Oct 31, 2018, 1:15:08 AM10/31/18
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
That would be handy indeed.

Alistair Jamieson
Skype: Alistair Jamieson (Adelaide, South Australia)