VES Camera reports, Request for comments

Sebastian Sylwan

Nov 13, 2013, 8:37:44 PM11/13/13
to rshe...@pacehd.com, vp...@pacehd.com, ves-tech-camera-reports
Hi Ryan, Vince,

long time no see... Hope you guys are both well.

I am part of the Technology Committee of the VES, and one of the initiatives we have undertaken this year, led by Sam Richards, is to try to standardize the format and transport of camera reports for VFX work.

A good place to see a preview of our work so far is:

One of the things we have a few outstanding questions on, is what units to use for both Stereo convergence and Stereo InterAxial (we prefer that term to InterOcular).
I thought it would be great to hear from you about what you currently use in your metadata, as that will likely be a source for this (and the lingo spoken on-set).

For Convergence in particular we want to know if you are using a distance (hopefully) or an angle.

We would of course welcome any input you may have on every other part of the document as well.

Thanks in advance for your input and hope to see you guys soon.

Cheers,

Sebastian Sylwan

Nov 13, 2013, 8:43:03 PM11/13/13
to Ryan Sheridan, Vince Pace, ves-tech-camera-reports
Re-sending as I had your old @pacehd.com email addresses. Hopefully my assumptions for the same usernames @cameronpace.com are correct.