Setellite

已查看 66 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Andy Cochrane

未读,
2013年12月14日 17:20:242013/12/14
收件人 ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
I just saw this project and immediately got upset. Why start from the ground up and build something that already exists, works, and is on iPad!

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, why not band all of our fantastic brains together and help them improve and better standardize that app? A laptop running filemaker on set is about as awful an idea as I can think of, can we please offer our camera crew brethren a solution that makes their lives easier not harder? The next iteration of this app will allow data sharing between devices, so a VFX supe, data wranglers, script supe, and camera assistants can all work together to fill in data about what is going on moment by moment.

We use this app extensively, and it works incredibly well.

Please, refocus this effort onto something that exists to make it better!

Rob Bredow

未读,
2013年12月14日 17:37:322013/12/14
收件人 ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

  Thanks for taking the time to write. The intention is not for the volunteers who make up the VES Technology Committee to create a tool that is superior to Setellite. Our intention is to define a standard for the interchange of on set VFX Camera Reports so the auxiliary VFX information can flow more smoothly from set to studio. In fact, we've been in contact with Frank van der Peet at Planet X since May and he was enthusiastic about supporting the interchange format with his app.

  We provided the sample Filemaker database as an prototype, not a replacement for more fully featured app. For more details, and hopefully a clear explanation of our goals visit:

  In the future, I think it might be a good idea for us to list apps (both free and commercial) that support the camera report specification so those looking for the best tool for the job will have a place to look.

  Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Rob Bredow

回复全部