Vert.x 3.2 release

Julien Viet

Nov 26, 2015, 9:32:59 AM11/26/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

just a quick note, no matter the discussions happening on Vert.x / Eclipse at the moment the team is working on Vert.x 3.2 release and it should happen early december. This release follows the current Eclipse process is fully in agreement with Eclipse (Wayne / Max / the RT PM).

--
Julien Viet
www.julienviet.com

Julien Viet

Nov 26, 2015, 9:40:44 AM11/26/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
and also in agreement with Vert.x 3.2 Project Roadmap :-)

--
Julien Viet
www.julienviet.com

Paulo Lopes

Nov 26, 2015, 2:43:39 PM11/26/15
to vert.x

Klausen Schaefersinho

Nov 27, 2015, 4:03:19 AM11/27/15
to vert.x
Hi,

There was this SSL bug, which caused SSL connections to be quite slow. Was that fixed?

Thanks,

Klaus

Paulo Lopes

Nov 27, 2015, 5:07:46 AM11/27/15
to vert.x
do you have a issue id?

Michael Scholz

Nov 27, 2015, 9:11:59 AM11/27/15
to vert.x

Paulo Lopes

Nov 27, 2015, 10:09:19 AM11/27/15
to vert.x
Unfortunately we did not work on it yet.

From the patch provided in the google group we see that it will require a new dependency to be added to core which is something that needs to be prepared and validated with time before the release and we are too late to start that process. As a possible workaround for this issue the affected users can use a proxy in front of vert.x using SSL (say for example ngnix) and let the proxy relay the request in plain HTTP to the vert.x app, this way you will offload all the SSL handling from the java implementation to openssl...

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 3:11:59 PM UTC+1, Michael Scholz wrote:
https://github.com/vert-x3/issues/issues/62

Nat

Nov 30, 2015, 10:24:30 AM11/30/15
to vert.x
Juliet,

Don't forget to address ReadStream/WriteStream interface changes to address close()/end() issue. You mentioned that it should be done many moons ago :)