How to delete a cluster-wide counter?

Konstantyn Smirnov

Jan 18, 2018, 10:50:03 AM1/18/18
to vert.x
I am using the code:

  Counter counter

  vertx.sharedData().getCounter( counterName ){ AsyncResult<AsyncMap<String,Integer>> res ->
    counter = res.result()
  }

After a while I want to delete it. How can I do it?

I have not found any methods on Counter, as well as on SharedData classes...

Thomas SEGISMONT

Jan 18, 2018, 11:00:33 AM1/18/18
to ve...@googlegroups.com
There is no Vert.x API to do this. Which cluster manager are you using? There could be a work around.

Konstantyn Smirnov

Thomas SEGISMONT

Jan 18, 2018, 11:13:58 AM1/18/18
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Then you can get the underlying ICounter from Hazelcast instance and call shutdown