Vertx with standalone hazelcast cluster

Роман Педора

Jul 2, 2015, 2:06:14 PM7/2/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We are currently using vertx in our application. We are adopting micro-service architecture, which leads to having dozens of standalone applications(different vertx instances). Current HazelcastClusterManager creates new hazelcast node inside every vertx instance, which seems like an overhead. I would like to have standalone hazelcast and vertx as hazelcast client but not member of a cluster.

Have you considered this approach? It seems quite simple to join existing cluster, instead of creating new node. It would be very helpful to have alternate implementation of ClusterManager. Or maybe there's some hidden pitfall in such approach?

Thanks in advance.

stream liu

Jul 3, 2015, 2:43:52 AM7/3/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com

Роман Педора

Jul 3, 2015, 7:30:23 AM7/3/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I haven't looked at it, but we already have hazelcast on our infrastructure so my question is about hazelcast usage. I've tried hacking HazelcastClusterManager to connect to existing cluster as a client an it works, the only issue I met is generation of node id, cause you can't call get node id on the client.