support for clustering in REDIS

Kenneth Westelinck

Nov 26, 2015, 11:51:05 AM11/26/15
to vert.x
Hello,

We have a fairly large application running on Vertx 2 and we're planning to migrate this to Vertx 3. So I started reading up on Vertx 3 and I discovered you have REDIS support: http://vertx.io/docs/vertx-redis-client/java/, which is nice ;)
We now have a custom REDIS client, written on top of redisson (https://github.com/mrniko/redisson), which we will port to vertx-redis-client. However, I can't see if your client supports a clustered REDIS setup. From what I can see in the code, I guess it is not supported ... yet.

Any plans on implementing cluster support for REDIS?

regards,

Kenneth

Paulo Lopes

Nov 26, 2015, 2:53:09 PM11/26/15
to vert.x
By clustered REDIS you mean sentinel?

If that's it there is a pull request open but the original author has not updated it and we cannot merge it, unless we spend time fixing what needs to be merged or someone from the community does some support and help us merging and testing it.

Kenneth Westelinck

Nov 27, 2015, 8:47:46 AM11/27/15
to vert.x
Yes, sentinel. Redisson supports this and has an async API ;)

Paulo Lopes

Nov 27, 2015, 8:53:12 AM11/27/15
to vert.x
Would you like to review the sentinel PR? :)

Utsav Chanda

Jan 5, 2018, 6:05:20 AM1/5/18
to vert.x
Hi

Could you share me how you have used redisson with vertx. Is it better to use vertx-redis-client than redisson, as my application uses distributed locks, which is extensively supported in redisson?