Have you contributed to Vert.x? Want some recognition?

Tim Fox

Mar 31, 2015, 4:58:15 AM3/31/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

It would be nice to a contributors page on the new Vert.x 3 web-site
which gives some recognition to everyone who contributed.

I'm thinking name + twitter follow button (if you use twitter).

So... if you have contributed to Vert.x at all (either Vert.x 2 or 3
doesn't matter!), and no matter how big or small your contribution is
then if you want your name to be displayed on the web-site please either
respond to this post, or email me at my gmail account (username
"timvolpe"), specifying the exact name you want displayed and your
twitter username (if you want a link to that).

Cheers!

Julien Viet

Mar 31, 2015, 5:05:00 AM3/31/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, Tim Fox, vert...@googlegroups.com
good idea
--
Julien Viet
www.julienviet.com

Jez P

Mar 31, 2015, 6:19:59 AM3/31/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, timv...@gmail.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy Prime
twitter is @jezprime

(Contributions to date minimal: one PR on groovy-lang v2, one PR on gradle template, currently slowly progressing oAuth2 authentication)

sANTo L

Apr 1, 2015, 5:35:29 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim,

I contributed with a Vert.x module for ArangoDB (https://github.com/santo74/vertx-arangodb)
(and provided a fix for CommonJS support in Vert.x 2, but it was never accepted)

name: sANTo
twitter: @santoprive

Tim Fox

Apr 1, 2015, 5:37:58 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks sANTo

sANTo L

Apr 1, 2015, 5:52:22 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
No, thank you for the wonderful Vert.x platform and I really hope it can gain even more traction with the release of v3!

Asher Tarnopolski

Apr 1, 2015, 6:06:34 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
do vertx2 modules also count as contribution?

Julien Viet

Apr 1, 2015, 6:26:28 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, Asher Tarnopolski, vert...@googlegroups.com
I believe so
--
Julien Viet
www.julienviet.com

On 1 Apr 2015 at 12:06:37, Asher Tarnopolski (ata...@gmail.com) wrote:

do vertx2 modules also count as contribution?

sANTo L

Apr 1, 2015, 7:00:07 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
This is what Tim mentioned in his initial post:

So... if you have contributed to Vert.x at all (either Vert.x 2 or 3
doesn't matter!)

So yes, of course Vert.x 2 modules count as well ;-)

Asher Tarnopolski

Apr 1, 2015, 7:06:25 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com, Tim Fox
ok, i thought tim was speaking  only about the contribution to the core project itself.

if external modules also count, i created a couple of those for v2:  a google cloud messaging  and a memcached clients implementation for vertx. @atarno

sANTo L

Apr 1, 2015, 7:10:17 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com, timv...@gmail.com
Oh, my bad, I thought you were talking about the version of the platform.
I guess module contributions are welcome as well.

Maybe a distinction can/should be made in the list between core contributions and other contributions such as modules (and maybe even tutorials) ?

Tim Fox

Apr 1, 2015, 7:12:06 AM4/1/15
to Asher Tarnopolski, ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Contributions means contributing to vertx-core or any *official* components, it doesn't mean writing your own components which happen to use Vert.x :)

Asher Tarnopolski

Apr 1, 2015, 7:15:19 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, ata...@gmail.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
yeh, this makes sense. that's why i was surprised :)

Geoffrey Arnold

Apr 1, 2015, 9:36:41 AM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim,

I submitted the following pulls but not sure if they every made it in :)

Geoff.

Michel Krämer

Apr 1, 2015, 3:33:00 PM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
I guess your GitHub account is also OK if you don't use Twitter?

Michel

Tim Fox

Apr 1, 2015, 3:34:06 PM4/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
On 01/04/15 20:33, Michel Krämer wrote:
I guess your GitHub account is also OK if you don't use Twitter?

I don't see why not.

Geoffrey Arnold

Apr 3, 2015, 12:34:41 AM4/3/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Whoops, forgot to give you my info:

Name: Geoffrey Arnold

Johannes Schüth

Apr 3, 2015, 5:08:10 AM4/3/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

you can list me on the website if you want.

Greetings

Johannes

Deven Phillips

Apr 3, 2015, 10:31:36 AM4/3/15
to vert...@googlegroups.com, ve...@googlegroups.com
Deven Phillips @InfoSec812 - Couple of examples and working on more.

Deven Phillips

Apr 3, 2015, 10:31:49 AM4/3/15
to vert...@googlegroups.com, ve...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and thanks Tim!!!

Deven

Jérôme LELEU

Apr 30, 2015, 3:11:49 AM4/30/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I guess we could have our names somewhere for the vertx-pac4j library (https://github.com/pac4j/vertx-pac4j):

Michaël REMOND / @michael_remond
Jérôme LELEU / @leleuj

Thanks.
Best regards,
Jérôme

Marcel Soute

May 4, 2015, 5:31:21 AM5/4/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Nice,

I did small stuff on 2.

Marcel Soute / @MarcelSoute

Tim Fox

May 7, 2015, 10:03:36 AM5/7/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, timv...@gmail.com, vert...@googlegroups.com

Jordan Halterman (kuujo)

May 14, 2015, 8:52:30 PM5/14/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... Too much work :-P

Tim Fox

May 15, 2015, 3:33:12 AM5/15/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
On 15/05/15 01:52, Jordan Halterman (kuujo) wrote:
> Hmm... Too much work :-P

Too much work for me too ;)

But don't worry, for anyone who hasn't done this, we'll write a little
script that gathers all the contributor GitHub Ids for all the Vert.x
projects and put them on this page before final release.

Jordan Halterman

May 15, 2015, 5:09:57 AM5/15/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Ooh good idea!

Sent from my iPhone

Michel Krämer

May 15, 2015, 9:12:47 AM5/15/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com

Good call, Tim. I can try to write a first version of this script if you like.

Cheers,
Michel

Tim Fox

May 15, 2015, 10:15:11 AM5/15/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
On 15/05/15 14:12, Michel Krämer wrote:

Good call, Tim. I can try to write a first version of this script if you like.

That would be awesome Michel

Michel Krämer

May 16, 2015, 10:46:36 AM5/16/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
That would be awesome Michel

Read the instructions in the readme to get an idea how to use it. I tested it and it looks quite good.

Cheers,

Sascha Möllering

May 21, 2015, 9:54:56 AM5/21/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wrote two modules for Vert.x 2:

My Twitter handle is sascha242.

Regards,
Sascha

Rick Hight

Jun 11, 2015, 11:48:16 AM6/11/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
I worked on the port to hazelcast 3.
I sent in a pull request or two.

Bartek Zdanowski

Jun 23, 2015, 11:49:58 AM6/23/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
I've done one or two PRs but you said the size doesn't matter ;)
Please count me in.
My twitter account is bartekzdanowski

Tim Fox

Jun 23, 2015, 11:54:33 AM6/23/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
The contributor list is now auto generated from GitHub so if you've got commits in any of the vert.x repos you should already be up there :)

Bartek Zdanowski

Jun 23, 2015, 3:14:55 PM6/23/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com

What about the twitter account?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "vert.x" group.

Asher Tarnopolski

Jun 23, 2015, 3:26:16 PM6/23/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com

fill it into your github account and it will be picked up.

Bartek Zdanowski

Jun 24, 2015, 3:07:48 AM6/24/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't work :P