Are you using Vert.x?

Tim Fox

Mar 31, 2015, 2:30:53 AM3/31/15
to vert...@googlegroups.com, ve...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

We are putting together the new Vert.x 3 web-site and would love to have
a section "Who's using Vert.x?" with a list of companies and their logos.

So.. if your company is using Vert.x and you'd be willing to have it on
the web-site please contact me at my gmail address (username 'timvolpe').

Thanks!

Stanford Shi

Apr 26, 2015, 12:43:12 PM4/26/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com, timv...@gmail.com
We're using Vert.x as crawler task manager. http://www.admaster.com.cn

Rick Hight

Jun 11, 2015, 11:56:10 AM6/11/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
I use it almost exclusively.

Wrote high-speed services with it. The back end. The front end one some sort of mobile app of the year for some category.
The service could have had up to 100M users (it only got to 22 million). Similar mobile app had 2,000 servers at same company (my client) written by another vendor (I am a vendor). This back end used 13 servers. (Similar mobile app and a competitor to this company had 150 servers).  I told them I could handle all of the traffic with 3 servers and the start of the project, but had to add servers to accommodate mobile clients and limitations of what mobile dev are willing to do.
It can run on six serves. The other 7 servers are there for redundancy.

Wrote a load-balancer, OAuth token app-id rate limiter with vertx.

My company is Mammatus.

Fred Y

Jun 14, 2015, 4:00:44 PM6/14/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com, vert...@googlegroups.com
Hi, could you tell me the link to list of companies that are using Vert.x for productive s/w?  I'm in the process of evaluating Vert.x for a networking app.  I'd love to learn the experience from others from the agility of development, deployment, and maintenance perspectives.

Thanks in advance.

Tim Yates

Jun 14, 2015, 4:05:27 PM6/14/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com

There's a list of companies on the website

http://vert-x3.github.io/whos_using/

Fred Y

Jun 14, 2015, 5:09:30 PM6/14/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply!

Brighton K

Mar 12, 2016, 9:52:23 PM3/12/16
to vertx-dev, ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim

I would like to use it.
Could you please let me know whether vertx HA and cluster works across the internet?
For example suppose there are three verticles, each on a different location. They are connected via an internet connection. Is it possible to activate or use high availability and clustering via the internet connection?

Regards
Brighton

Julien Viet

Mar 13, 2016, 3:57:02 AM3/13/16
to vert...@googlegroups.com, ve...@googlegroups.com
no it’s not possible to do that.

Cosmic Interloper

Mar 13, 2016, 3:03:17 PM3/13/16
to ve...@googlegroups.com

Are you asking about performance over wan? A vpn should allow this.