VerifyError Vertx 1.2.3

Arnaud Tanguy

Sep 7, 2012, 11:58:32 AM9/7/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have a VerifyError error on debian with
java version "1.7.0_03"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.1.1) (7~u3-2.1.1-3)

On my mac I do not have any problems
java version "1.7.0_04-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_04-ea-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b16, mixed mode)

Do you know where this error come from?
Thanks for your help.

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/jboss/netty/channel/socket/nio/NioWorkerPool, method: createWorker signature: (Ljava/util/concurrent/Executor;Z)Lorg/jboss/netty/channel/socket/nio/AbstractNioWorker;) Wrong return type in function
    at org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.getWorkerPool(DefaultVertx.java:196)
    at org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.createEventLoopContext(DefaultVertx.java:276)
    at org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.getOrAssignContext(DefaultVertx.java:224)
    at org.vertx.java.core.http.impl.DefaultHttpServer.<init>(DefaultHttpServer.java:115)
    at org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.createHttpServer(DefaultVertx.java:112)

Arnaud.

Pid

Sep 7, 2012, 7:48:20 PM9/7/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com
On 07/09/2012 16:58, Arnaud Tanguy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a VerifyError error on debian with
> java version "1.7.0_03"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.1.1) (7~u3-2.1.1-3)
>
> On my mac I do not have any problems
> java version "1.7.0_04-ea"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_04-ea-b13)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b16, mixed mode)
>
> Do you know where this error come from?

My first instinct is to assume a JRE/JDK problem. Is that the latest
version available for your platform?

> Thanks for your help.
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/jboss/netty/channel/socket/nio/NioWorkerPool, method: createWorker
> signature:
> (Ljava/util/concurrent/Executor;Z)Lorg/jboss/netty/channel/socket/nio/AbstractNioWorker;)
> Wrong return type in function
> at
> org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.getWorkerPool(DefaultVertx.java:196)
> at
> org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.createEventLoopContext(DefaultVertx.java:276)
> at
> org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.getOrAssignContext(DefaultVertx.java:224)
> at
> org.vertx.java.core.http.impl.DefaultHttpServer.<init>(DefaultHttpServer.java:115)
> at
> org.vertx.java.core.impl.DefaultVertx.createHttpServer(DefaultVertx.java:112)
>
> Arnaud.
>
> --

[key:62590808]

signature.asc

Arnaud Tanguy

Sep 10, 2012, 4:54:05 AM9/10/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi, yes I think that too.
I compile on my mac and deploy the application to the production servers.
But it's weird, I never see that before.
I' ll compile the application directly on the production server.
Thanks.
--
Arnaud Tanguy

Arnaud Tanguy

Sep 10, 2012, 5:28:28 AM9/10/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com
So if i compile and run vert.x 1.2.3 on the debian machine with
java version "1.7.0_03"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.1.2) (7u3-2.1.2-2)

I still have the problem.

--

[key:62590808]

Arnaud Tanguy

Sep 10, 2012, 6:23:57 AM9/10/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com
I think I found the problem

I have this dependency on my app:
org.jboss.netty.netty-netty-3.2.4.Final.jar

Sockjs requires
io.netty:netty:3.5.0.Final

I will update my app dependencies.

Thanks for your help.

swapnil

Sep 10, 2012, 7:24:48 AM9/10/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Now I am able to run vertx.bat from commad line. and can see the verx installed version.

but when I am trying to run server.js, then I am getting following error,-

C:\vertx>vertx run server.js
Exception in JavaScript verticle:
Wrapped org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to bind
        at core/http.js:198 (anonymous)
        at file:/C:/vertx/server.js:5

Can Any one tell me what is the problem...

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/vertx?hl=en-GB.

--

[key:62590808]

Pid *

Sep 10, 2012, 8:19:01 AM9/10/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com

On 10 Sep 2012, at 12:24, swapnil <swapnil....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Now I am able to run vertx.bat from commad line. and can see the verx installed version.

but when I am trying to run server.js, then I am getting following error,-

C:\vertx>vertx run server.js
Exception in JavaScript verticle:
Wrapped org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to bind
        at core/http.js:198 (anonymous)
        at file:/C:/vertx/server.js:5

Can Any one tell me what is the problem...

Is something already running on 8080?

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vertx/-/KSXqLgfxAukJ.

Bruno Bonacci

Sep 10, 2012, 9:51:06 AM9/10/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com

Check the configuration "27.0.0.1:8080"
maybe you meant 127.0.0.1

Bruno

Pid

Sep 10, 2012, 10:16:20 AM9/10/12
to ve...@googlegroups.com
On 10/09/2012 14:51, Bruno Bonacci wrote:

> Check the configuration "27.0.0.1:8080 <http://27.0.0.1:8080/>"
> maybe you meant *127*.0.0.1

haha. well spotted.

> Bruno
>
> On Monday, September 10, 2012 1:16:42 PM UTC+1, Pid wrote:
>

> On 10 Sep 2012, at 12:24, swapnil <swapnil....@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now I am able to run vertx.bat from commad line. and can see the
>> verx installed version.
>>
>> but when I am trying to run server.js, then I am getting following
>> error,-
>>

>> C:\vertx>vertx run server.js
>> Exception in JavaScript verticle:
>> Wrapped org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to bind
>> 27.0.0.1:8080 <http://27.0.0.1:8080>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vertx/-/pvEIbUi7tJoJ>.
>> > vertx+un...@googlegroups.com.
>> > For more options, visit this group at